• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glock "Perfection" Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, they're not perfect. Not front-page news on this site.
I own a couple of Glocks and like them just fine. I have others I like better but I trust nothing more, so I carry one everyday. I'm far from a fan boy for any company, except maybe FN, but I am a fan boy of guns that I trust. I've owned and shot Glocks for 25 years. I've never had a problem with any of them.
I have a gen 3 G22 that I bought for $300. LEO trade in...I have fired countless thousands of rounds through that gun. It's one of the best guns I have ever owned and I trust it completely. Money well spent.

Yep.. My safe is full of S&W wheel guns and 1911s. Hell there might even be a Bersa in there somewhere, but I carry my one and only Glock.

Heck, there is even an original S&W SW9VE in there. You know, the Sigma that S&W actually got sued for by Glock. Mine is post lawsuit though and the thing is a piece of crap. If it wasn't my dad's I wouldn't own it.

Reactions: MRH
Yep.. My safe is full of S&W wheel guns and 1911s. Hell there might even be a Bersa in there somewhere, but I carry my one and only Glock.

Heck, there is even an original S&W SW9VE in there. You know, the Sigma that S&W actually got sued for by Glock. Mine is post lawsuit though and the thing is a piece of crap. If it wasn't my dad's I wouldn't own it.

I carry a j frame every now and then when I'm being lazy but I'm in my comfort zone with one of my Glocks. That's just the way it is, and I suspect it is the same for many folks.

A. Source?

B. ah heck, **** B. I want to see your source before I answer any more.

The law suit of Glock, Inc. versus Smith & Wesson Corporation has been "resolved." Smith & Wesson*apparently* simply decided after plaintiff had presented its case, that they could not possibly win, so they decided to seek a "resolution" without even presenting the defendant's case -- a highly unusual scenario, from what I have been told. The federal judge specifically cited the testimony of Peter Kokalis (on the trade dress issue) and that of Glock's mechanical engineer (on the patents issue) as being especially important to him.

The resolution is as follows:

1) Smith & Wesson has agreed to eliminate what they call the "shelf" under the sear on the Sigma pistol, and what Glock calls the "drop safety". This was the most important patent issue.

2) Smith & Wesson has obtained a license from Glock to copy the Glock's trade dress (a product's overall appearance).

3) The monetary portion of the settlement will not be disclosed.

I will be writing an article about this case in SOF. Please do not ask for any further details at this time as I cannot provide them.

Peter Kokalis

I can't find the exact number (3) but obviously they're paying a royalty because of (2)
$9 per SD is all over the internet but wasn't ever officially released.

The law suit of Glock, Inc. versus Smith & Wesson Corporation has been "resolved." Smith & Wesson*apparently* simply decided after plaintiff had presented its case, that they could not possibly win, so they decided to seek a "resolution" without even presenting the defendant's case -- a highly unusual scenario, from what I have been told. The federal judge specifically cited the testimony of Peter Kokalis (on the trade dress issue) and that of Glock's mechanical engineer (on the patents issue) as being especially important to him.

The resolution is as follows:

1) Smith & Wesson has agreed to eliminate what they call the "shelf" under the sear on the Sigma pistol, and what Glock calls the "drop safety". This was the most important patent issue.

2) Smith & Wesson has obtained a license from Glock to copy the Glock's trade dress (a product's overall appearance).

3) The monetary portion of the settlement will not be disclosed.

I will be writing an article about this case in SOF. Please do not ask for any further details at this time as I cannot provide them.

Peter Kokalis

I can't find the exact number (3) but obviously they're paying a royalty because of (2)
$9 per SD is all over the internet but wasn't ever officially released.

A. You have no source for your $9.00 claim

B. That is a license for appearance, not function.

The SD still has the same basic look of the
A. You have no source for your $9.00 claim

B. That is a license for appearance, not function.

A. Exactly what I just said lol. It was never officially released what the royalty is however a quick google search will show you where I got $9 from.
B. Sure. But it's still the same basic design. Slight differences and nothing interchangeable now. Either way they're paying a royalty over it like I said.

This has been fun and hard as **** to keep up with but I've gotta go for now. I'll be back :cool:

Someone finally answered instead of being butt hurt an internet stranger criticized their gun.
I wouldn't say they're cheap when compared to other polymer guns, especially since you can get the exact same thing as a Glock for $300 with the SDVE.
Thank you for using logic and a legitimate argument.

I'm just over here waiting for the CZ P10. You're gonna get the best of both worlds: CZ fanboys, Glock fanboys, and all the haters too!

Because Glock has the best deal for departments/military. As in a couple hundred bucks plus free exchanges.
They are low maintenance and reliable. But so are tons of others.
Glock doesn't, and never has sold directly to police departments. Blocks are sold through distributors, like the rest of the firearms are. The current price for Glock 17/19/22/27 is $412 per Gun with factory night sights installed.

The internet rumor that Glock has been selling guns to law enforcement for half price for 20 years is the tired recitation of the "Glock killed the 3rd generation S&W pistol" crowd.

Glock doesn't, and never has sold directly to police departments. Blocks are sold through distributors, like the rest of the firearms are. The current price for Glock 17/19/22/27 is $412 per Gun with factory night sights installed.

The internet rumor that Glock has been selling guns to law enforcement for half price for 20 years is the tired recitation of the "Glock killed the 3rd generation S&W pistol" crowd.
You might be thinking of blue label glocks.. I would love to see where a department is buying bulk for $412. If that were the case police wouldn't use glocks.

You might be thinking of blue label glocks.. I would love to see where a department is buying bulk for $412. If that were the case police wouldn't use glocks.
No, I was part of the procurment for over 1000 Glocks at two seperate departments. The last procurment in 2013. I am speaking from first hand experience.

What is your experience?

Edit to add: a blue label Glock retails for about $456 with factory night sights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom