• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glock "Perfection" Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I remember gen 3s having issues early on, I'm not completely sure on that. But I know gen 4s had problems and the "gen 5s" are having issues so far.

What repairs did you have to pay for? That's odd.

I bought 3 gen 3's when they hit the market. Zero issues.

I've owned 5 and I would imagine I've fired a couple thousand rounds total through Glocks. They're nothing special.
So you can shoot a handgun with a 12 pound trigger just as well as you can with a 4 pound?
No? Dramatic but you get the point. It's sorta obvious that a trigger, grip, etc all contribute to how well someone can shoot a particular gun.

But the Glock doesn't have a 12lb trigger. It is literally point, click, bang.

That was the Sigma they sued S&W over, not the SDVE. The Sigma was known as the SW9VE. S&W had to change the design. That said the metal wasn't tenifer treated, they didn't use the same quality components, and the gun was a total flop.....so much so that they had to redesign it AGAIN and call it something different....the SD9.....which is a flop as well. That's why gun stores have to practically give the piece of **** away and nobody wants them. The whole line was such a failure S&W had to come out with an entirely different design with the M&P line of pistols to try to compete with Glock. They managed to get some PD contracts early, but those are all slowly getting dumped too. Why would a PD dump them and go back to Glock if it was "essentially the same thing?"
So S&W is just giving Glock about $9 per SD because they're friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom