• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glock Thread...Who

While there are a few exceptions, most people who do not like Glocks or many of the spin-off variants ( S&W, XD, Ruger, Steyr, Kahr, etc.) of them don't like them partly due to not learning how to operate them correctly.

Some of the hardest people to transition are 1911 shooters.
As is evident by the enthusiasm of those who have made the switch, once a person gets accustomed to the platform, they typically become very loyal to the brand.

I would say that it the most popular pistol on this forum & probably the country as well.... and it is for a reason.

It is simple, reliable, lightweight, accurate, has a high ammo capacity, & is affordable.

While there are a few exceptions, most people who do not like Glocks or many of the spin-off variants ( S&W, XD, Ruger, Steyr, Kahr, etc.) of them don't like them partly due to not learning how to operate them correctly.

Some of the hardest people to transition are 1911 shooters.
As is evident by the enthusiasm of those who have made the switch, once a person gets accustomed to the platform, they typically become very loyal to the brand.

I would say that it the most popular pistol on this forum & probably the country as well.... and it is for a reason.

It is simple, reliable, lightweight, accurate, has a high ammo capacity, & is affordable.

^^This^^^

I have 2 Glocks.

They are a 19 and a 21. Once you get used to "shooting from reset," you will see what this gun is really made for. When you get the hang of that, you will be able to do fast, accurate double taps and other kinds of follow ups.

Before I picked up a 19, my favorite pistol was a 1911. I still have a nice custiom 1911, and I enjoy shooting it, but if I ever need a practical gun for carrying or a real-world defense situation, it will be a Glock.

The "safe action" is so much better than what a 1911 style has going on. (And yes, in real life I have known a couple of people who would up getting accidently shot by a 1911 without that palm safety being depressed in any way-something spooky, but it can happen.) There is no question that the safety features of a Glock are much better, but I just like the way they shoot. I enjoy shooting well, and for whatever reason, I shoot well with my Glock.

If you're an avid firearm enthusiast and you haven't owned a Glock by now, you probably have a lot more interesting guns and so you're not missing out on much.

I think Glocks have the best price to quality ratio of any other firearm. Well, except for the OD and poo-poo colored ones :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom