• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glock Thread...Who

I have found that a lot of people who say they don't like Glocks have only maybe shot one once, or held one once or twice.
I was the same way until I worked at a gun store and had the chance to handle Glocks everyday, I then got used to the grip angle and found it very comfortable. I also have a 1911 and have no trouble transitioning between the two grip angles, after a while your hand automatically adjusts. I'm not one of those fanboys that thinks everything else is junk, quite the opposite, I have all kinds of pistols, but if I could only have one, it would probably be a Glock.

I have found that a lot of people who say they don't like Glocks have only maybe shot one once, or held one once or twice.
I was the same way until I worked at a gun store and had the chance to handle Glocks everyday, I then got used to the grip angle and found it very comfortable. I also have a 1911 and have no trouble transitioning between the two grip angles, after a while your hand automatically adjusts. I'm not one of those fanboys that thinks everything else is junk, quite the opposite, I have all kinds of pistols, but if I could only have one, it would probably be a Glock.

I work at a gun store. Handling the Glocks daily has not made me want to buy one. I will say though, they are good sellers.

I work at a gun store. Handling the Glocks daily has not made me want to buy one. I will say though, they are good sellers.

I'm not saying that's the case with everybody that doesn't like them, just that that's what happened with me and I think some people may be giving up on them too quickly. I didn't fall in love with every gun I handled in there.. there were quite a few that I didn't like, for instance, 1911's with that awful bump on the grip safety.. it feels terrible to my hand, but GI 1911's fit me just fine. Also I really want to like the M&P, but the palm swells in the grip just feel funky to me, maybe one of these days I'll get one and see if I get used to it. It's funny how one gun that feels good to one person might feel terrible to another.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom