• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Go Noles v. Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an Auburn fan, before you speak ill of UGA, you should probably beat them first. Or better yet, try and actually win a National Championship without cheating and paying players....then get back to me.

Maybe UGA should win some games before you talk too, huh. I did not speak ill of UGA btw?
I did speak ill of Oregon though.

Was it FSU's domination of Bethune-Cookman that makes you a believer now? No wait, it must have been that awesome game against Nevada. That must be it! They beat Clemson. Anyone who knows football knows that Clemson is going to choke at some point every season...FSU was their choke game. Miami was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overranked from the get go. FSU's defense is good, their offense looks impressive against subpar teams. Wooopie!

Could be worse. They could have beaten Miss State by 4 pts and had people claiming they could beat Bama.

I'm not an Auburn fan. Just thought you were a little harsh on the Bethune-Cookman remark. They all have cushy games these days, and really, Cal and VA records are horrific. And FSU did soundly beat a 3rd rank Clemson team, and they demoralized them. Miami? If it wasn't for a couple of interceptions, Miami wouldn't even have scored. And when FSU's passing game wasn't working, they played the ground game and pounded their opponent into submission.

All I'm saying is you are WRONG to say FSU looks impressive against subpar teams, when Oregan played at least three subpar teams. They are both good teams, we'll just have to see what happens in the next few weeks.

Comments below in bold...
As far as FSU, please tell me exactly what it is that you think makes them a better match up against Bama than Oregon. The game I am watching right now, Stanford, ranked #5, beating the **** out of Oregon, ranked #3. Was it FSU's domination of Bethune-Cookman that makes you a believer now? Nope, their domination of closely ranked - at the time - Clemson.

SI has a great write up this week on why Oregon is the team to take down Bama. I suggest reading it, absorbing it and then you will begin to believe in the Quack Attack.Did they predict the ass whooping Oregon was going to take from Stanford? If not, I won't waste my time reading it.

Last edited:
Only had to wait 4 days to see what was going to happen to one of those teams.

All I'm saying is you are WRONG to say FSU looks impressive against subpar teams, when Oregan played at least three subpar teams. They are both good teams, we'll just have to see what happens in the next few weeks.

SI has a great write up this week on why Oregon is the team to take down Bama. I suggest reading it, absorbing it and then you will begin to believe in the Quack Attack.

Just watch some CFB then we can have a legit discussion. Seriously, you don't know squat about Oregon, so why pretend like you've paid attention to them this year?
So I see you are in timeout. Apparently there is a limit as to how wrong a person can be which will then get them put in timeout.
That's promising.... ;)

Last edited:
I watched the Stanford vs Oregon game last night. I mean I watched it closely. I am a UGA fan, and have been for years. I am constantly complaining about the defense of the UGA team. What I saw last night made me realize that there are worse team defenses than UGA, not many, but there certainly are a few. Stanford does not have a dominating defense and Oregon's high flying offense looked like a chuck and duck ( non pun intended but it does fit) offense. Now before we consider Stanford a world beater, remember that Utah beat Stanford, scored in every quarter and put up 27 points on the Stanford defense. I could not watch the game between OK, and Baylor. There are high school teams with a better offense than OK, geez, that was just horrible to try and watch. I will take nothing away from Baylor, but they have to actually play a team. Beating Wofford, Buffalo, UL Monroe, West Virginia, Kansas State, Iowa State, Kansas and now Oklahoma (the team with no offense) really does not mean much. Now, next week, they get Texas A&M. A&M does not have much of a defense, but at least they have played teams that has some legitimacy. I expected better games last night. I did not like what I saw. Did I mention that the defense at UGA SUCKS!

I watched the Stanford vs Oregon game last night. I mean I watched it closely. I am a UGA fan, and have been for years. I am constantly complaining about the defense of the UGA team. What I saw last night made me realize that there are worse team defenses than UGA, not many, but there certainly are a few. Stanford does not have a dominating defense and Oregon's high flying offense looked like a chuck and duck ( non pun intended but it does fit) offense. Now before we consider Stanford a world beater, remember that Utah beat Stanford, scored in every quarter and put up 27 points on the Stanford defense. I could not watch the game between OK, and Baylor. There are high school teams with a better offense than OK, geez, that was just horrible to try and watch. I will take nothing away from Baylor, but they have to actually play a team. Beating Wofford, Buffalo, UL Monroe, West Virginia, Kansas State, Iowa State, Kansas and now Oklahoma (the team with no offense) really does not mean much. Now, next week, they get Texas A&M. A&M does not have much of a defense, but at least they have played teams that has some legitimacy. I expected better games last night. I did not like what I saw. Did I mention that the defense at UGA SUCKS!
I honestly think the problem this year is the top 'x' teams don't match up with the top 'x' teams of too many recent years. RELATIVE to what's out there right NOW, I think Baylor is competitive and certianly not obviously unfairly ranked. Probably not the best but definitely a contender. Stanford leads the nations in sacks and completely dominated the #2 offensive yardarge team in the country. I've seen multiple teams look dominating on any ONE given week but no team has looked remotely dominating every week, including/especially Alabama. That is simply not something you could say about them (for example) in some previous years. Yes unfortunately the SEC defenses overall this year are NOT like previous years. I'm not sure if that makes the games more enjoyable or not. It sure makes them more frustrating. I'd just really like the for the BCS to come to it's whimpering end with another SEC champ but Bama has no easy task within our outside the conference to accomplish that... to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom