• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Going to build my first AR15

i was looking at this guys add, because I like the a1 style for some weird reason
http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-ft-ar15-20-upper-assemby-parts.874785/
It's ok. The FSB will have to be drilled and reamed for taper pins with that barrel and I DONT recommend a novice or even intermediate experienced person doing as it has to be aligned properly from the barrel ext alignment pin. If not, the gas port and sight it self may end up canted.

Other option would be a clamp on A2 FSB which aren't as sturdy IMO.

It's ok. The FSB will have to be drilled and reamed for taper pins with that barrel and I DONT recommend a novice or even intermediate experienced person doing as it has to be aligned properly from the barrel ext alignment pin. If not, the gas port and sight it self may end up canted.

Other option would be a clamp on A2 FSB which aren't as sturdy IMO.

ill look for a barreled upper then

one trick that i just picked up for the front detent...

use a big punch like a 5/16 or 1/4 and put through the takedown pin holes the opposite way that the takedown pin goes in for assembly. using needle-noose pliers with a death-grip on the detent, push the detent in and slide the punch over the pin. then, just push the punch out backwards with the takedown pin - all in one motion and with some purpose.

no special tools needed - probably something that most of you guys have lying around anyway. sure beats the razor blade method.

Back
Top Bottom