Good enough for rifle suppressors?

What need do you have for playing with a can when its hot ?

Taking it off the rifle if I need to switch or just taking it off so it can cool down. I hear somewhere if you shoot long enough and once it cools down, it can be stuck on the rifle.

Friend of mine got his can stick on his rifle for a while...but a quick mag dump to warm it up solved that problem.

You can allow the can to stay on long enough to cool to the touch and still be able to remove it. No need to get anything special

Taking it off the rifle if I need to switch or just taking it off so it can cool down. I hear somewhere if you shoot long enough and once it cools down, it can be stuck on the rifle.

$5 tube of anti-seize fixes this. QA cans are worse than thread on. materials and how precise the threads are cut effect this as well. a decent oven mitt will do the job. the can can cool down quite a bit before it has a negative effect on anything. just let it sit long enough to drop below 200 F.

$5 tube of anti-seize fixes this. QA cans are worse than thread on. materials and how precise the threads are cut effect this as well. a decent oven mitt will do the job. the can can cool down quite a bit before it has a negative effect on anything. just let it sit long enough to drop below 200 F.

Yeah I noticed my threaded one is really bad, I can't get my booster off, I have to clamp it in my vise to twist off the booster assembly on my TiRant. ;[ I tried taking it off at the range but I think it heating up and cooling off and heating back up cause it to be stuck on there real good.

Back
Top Bottom