Good enough for rifle suppressors?

Yeah I noticed my threaded one is really bad, I can't get my booster off, I have to clamp it in my vise to twist off the booster assembly on my TiRant. ;[ I tried taking it off at the range but I think it heating up and cooling off and heating back up cause it to be stuck on there real good.

Again why not use anti seize?

No amount of anti seize will solve the different thermal expansion properties of different types of metals. I coat all my threads in anti seize. Still will get stuck if I let aluminum cool around stainless. Best thing is to do as mentioned above, let it cool a little and back everything off a little before it cools all the way.

No amount of anti seize will solve the different thermal expansion properties of different types of metals. I coat all my threads in anti seize. Still will get stuck if I let aluminum cool around stainless. Best thing is to do as mentioned above, let it cool a little and back everything off a little before it cools all the way.

Let me guess how you figured that out... hard way? ;)

For the uzi, Ive been thinking of wrapping a suppressor in high temp exhuast wrap. You could touch the can all day long if you wanted. Not only that, but Im willing to bet that the wrap will reduce anysort of resonate noise. Having a wrapped suppressor would also give it a sweet post apocalyptic look ;)

Here are are some headers I wrapped on one of my performance cars to get an ideal of what I intend to use.

2012-05-20_10-38-21_116.jpg

2012-05-20_12-12-02_647.jpg

Yeah it would trap heat. Why whould that be a problem?

Metals get weak when they get hot. trapping the heat in the can and not letting it dissipate is bad for the life of your can.

Let me guess how you figured that out... hard way? ;)

My 3 lug mount and my FBM have battle scars on them from before I remembered the stuff I learned in that thermodynamics class i took.

Back
Top Bottom