• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good news on the second amendment front in Virginia...

This is total BULL****!!!!

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/vir...mergency-to-prevent-lawful-carry-at-2a-rally/

The House Committee on Rules will establish, by majority vote, a formal policy on the ability of members, staff, guests, and visitors to bring firearms into the those [sic] areas under the legal authority of the House of Delegates including, but not limited to, the Capitol, the House Chamber, and the Pocahontas Building. The Committee may amend the policy, which may or may not include a blanket prohibition, from time to time as appropriate. Copies of the approved policy and any changes or amendments thereof will be provided to every member, full and part-time employee, page, and intern of the Virginia House of Delegates and be posted for the members of the public.

HEY! You can't open carry here! This is a Second Amendment rally!!!

It's not about the Second Amendment or the US Constitution .... it's about CONTROL after all.....

Georgia used to do that. Called the "County Unit System."

Ruled unconstitutional for violating "one man, one vote."

Yeah. I don't disagree that it violates one man one vote. Just that the logical end of one man one vote in our situation of densely populated cities out numbering the surrounding areas is leading to the undesirable result of densely populated metro areas ruling a much larger, if more sparsely populated, geographical area. Much like the castles in old europe ruling over the surrounding farmland. It is obviously not a direct correlation. Just the example that makes sense to me.

I can't think of a different way for the solid red voting map not to be controlled by the densely populated specks of blue. Perhaps an electoral college system at the state level would be more appropriate but I wouldn't be opposed to exploring the county unit system as an option during a constitutional convention.

Better yet, I would not be opposed to changing who can vote. I am not offended by the idea of earning the right to vote by owning property of a livable size (500 sqft or 3rd of acre minimum) or paying taxes (putting in more than you take out thus being a value add). It is fundamentally immoral to allow people to vote themselves the gains of others without contributing. That kind of philosophy is a cancer that will kill us.

Reactions: GFB
The news on Virginia is predictably sparse. Any updates from the ground on how this is shaping up or are we waiting to see how the rally on the 20th goes? Wonder if they will even put it on the news.

The issue is the liberal cities of Virginia voted these idiots into office. They have a larger population than the combined "rural" counties which are more conservative. The same thing can happen here as Atlanta grows and goes left.

same is true in Illinois. Only a few counties control the entire state. Most ever county in Illinois is Red accept maybe 4.

We are all in this together!

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 5.31.55 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom