• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good or bad experiences with an H3, FJ cruiser or a range rover?

renault314

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
27   0
Reaction score
The wife is trying to decide between the 3.
she has about 25K to spend and will be getting a used one of whatever.
I just want to know of one of them reliably ****s the bed at 60K miles.

just my opinion. H3 = big ol waste a money flat out. range rovers are cool and work great . .when they work, but when they break it will cost you an arm to repair, but again when running they are beasts. FJ's are just awesome and run like tanks, much more reliable and just as good off road. Also I believe the FJ cruisers have had the best resale value of any car for the past couple years.

Last edited:
sister has an 09 (I think) FJ. Bought used over 2 years ago. Has just over 75K miles. No major issues so far. Just regular upkeep. She maybe drives it 10K-12K per year. I have driven it many times. Fun to drive, solid. Has blind spots each side. No room in the back seat to speak of but very comfortable up front.

Have two Rovers.

Once you figure out that Buick and GM parts substitute pretty well for a lot of engine parts on models prior to 2005, they become a whole lot more economical to maintain...

Rover V8 is just a Buick 215, that's been monkied with.

Have two Rovers.

Once you figure out that Buick and GM parts substitute pretty well for a lot of engine parts on models prior to 2005, they become a whole lot more economical to maintain...

Rover V8 is just a Buick 215, that's been monkied with.
This. I've got an 03 Disco 2 and it's SUPER simple to work on... You just gotta work on em.
Remember what they say about the Rover that doesn't leak... It's empty.

Toyota FJ or Jeep JK. Less expensive and built for durability. My neighbor has an H3 and been regretting it since he bought it. Rovers are super expensive to maintain.

If you are looking at jeeps stick with the TJ. Better engine/tranny/transfer case combos. Plus all the plastic on the Just Kidding ones look cheap. And 4 door wranglers are sacrilege.
Just my dos centavos. YMMV.

Range rover just junk. Wife had a 2005. It would go about 3 months then something would go out. Always at least $2-3k in repair cost.

Back
Top Bottom