• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got a Glock 44...

This why I shoot a $100 Heritage Arms single action revolver if I want to shoot 22. Goes bang every time. It is not for self-defense anyway.

I haven't laid my hands on one yet, but it might be a situation like they had with the G42 when it came out. I kept hearing about the feeding issues with the G42 so when I finally got one when they first came out I locked the slide back and left it in the safe for about 3 or 4 weeks before I ever shot it and it ran flawlessly. So locking the slide and letting the G44 set for a few weeks might help. Also, I'd run only 40gr. bullets to break it in. In my experiences, the lighter weight hyper velocity rounds and subs usually caused feeding issues in a new pistol until it got broke in good. Just my 2 cents.....

.22 caliber GeeLock?
giphy(18).gif

Well I picked up the G44 and have about 700 rounds through it. So far I’ve had close to 100 malfunctions all together. The only Ammo I’ve had run flawlessly for at least 75 rounds has been Aguila 22 supermaximum hyper velocity. First mag through the gun was Remington thunder bolt and 3 rounds out of the 10 malfunctioned, all cycling issues. The 50 rounds of Aguila match I shot had about 10 malfunctions, most were light strikers on the primer, 2nd time they went bang. Slide lock didn’t hold open on any of the Aguila match. Federal champion did okay I was usually able to get about 50 rounds before a feeding issue. Cci mini mag had 3 light primer strikes. Federal auto match and Winchester HV were all over the place. I never got through more than 20 rounds without malfunctions with those 2, Some mags had 3 and 4 malfunctions each. Pretty bummed so far but have read articles about the launch and they claimed to have shot 12,000 cci blazer without failure so I’ll check that out as well as some cci stinger. I had a friend come to my range today with his G44 to see how his compared to mine and he had the same results. Has anyone else had similar experiences with the new G44? What’s your go to semi auto 22 ammo?
1 in 7 rounds fail. /Cough POS.

Wife and I shot ours today. I had 2 stovepipes when I was rapid shooting Federal. She was shooting CCIs with no issues. We shot around 100 rounds each. I enjoyed shooting it.

Back
Top Bottom