• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got a Glock 44...

Sorry to tell you people, but the Taurus tx22 is perfection

Taurus_TX22_Range.jpg

I don’t have one, I was given one by a coworker to install an RMR. His has been at Taurus for 12 weeks now.

Google the issue, it’s pretty well known by now.

From the info I found on google/youtube the problem varies from gun to gun. Which shouldn't happen, but does. As far as my tx22 goes. I checked the rifling and it's even on both sides and I don't see any chips in the barrel. So luck of the draw I guess. I know about 6 other people who have it and might check theirs just to see, but if Taurus is willing to send a new barrel for free. Doesn't seem like a big deal tbh.

Glock claims to have used 300 different 22lr brands and loadings in the development of this gun. And now the word is it only runs on Blazers?

Get a Ruger or S&W Victory and forget the fantastic plastic from Austria.

Or better yet, the TX-22 I've tried roughly a dozen types of 22 through it, and the only one it didn't cycle was Quiet-22, which doesn't cycle in any semi-auto pistol I know of.

That is sad if Glock really did go through that much 22 just to have it totally fail in the real world.

From the info I found on google/youtube the problem varies from gun to gun. Which shouldn't happen, but does. As far as my tx22 goes. I checked the rifling and it's even on both sides and I don't see any chips in the barrel. So luck of the draw I guess. I know about 6 other people who have it and might check theirs just to see, but if Taurus is willing to send a new barrel for free. Doesn't seem like a big deal tbh.
They refused to send new parts, and said it must be sent in to be replaced.

Republican said:
The thing is if you use CCI any .22 is reliable.
Sounds good but not actually true. Comparable to:
"If you use Sunoco 260 any car is reliable"
(if you're too young to remember Sunoco 260 substitute Amoco gold premium)

Back
Top Bottom