• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got a seat belt ticket BUT….

So I got a seat belt ticket today, but the dept. of public safety officer wrote it to someone else.

The only correct info is my vehicle info. Make, model, year, tag number etc.

License info, DOB, Name, and residing address are all wrong.

Is this my problem? Should I leave it be and trash the ticket? Should I call the court system?

What would you do?
I had a similar situation on a speeding ticket. The ticket had the wrong vehicle my eye color was wrong, and my street number was wrong. the ticket was for going 70 in a 35 zone, so I went to court and pled not guilty. The judge asked me what are we trying to do here, I pointed out the three mistakes and asked if we could be sure the officer got my speed correct. judge told me to have a nice day next case please.

So I got a seat belt ticket today, but the dept. of public safety officer wrote it to someone else.

Is this my problem? Should I leave it be and trash the ticket? Should I call the court system?

What would you do?
Long story short. I gave a car to a family member. They drove the car for a bit before registering it. Their friend was the driver and they got a ticket for no seat belt. The registered owner got the ticket.

Spin the wheel. The driver should get the ticket. The owner got it dismissed.

What would you do?
I got a ticket for failure to yield right away & attempt to snoop around the inside of my car. I definitely didn’t want my insurance to go up so went to court & the judge dismissed it looking at the apd revenue writer like a 2nd grader

Eh, I'd probably just go ahead and call the courthouse and try and see what's in the system and take care of it. They use tag reader technology to get folks for various violations now and the chances are good if you just ignore it you might get pulled over again and have some silly bench warrant for a seatbelt violation.

Eh, I'd probably just go ahead and call the courthouse and try and see what's in the system and take care of it. They use tag reader technology to get folks for various violations now and the chances are good if you just ignore it you might get pulled over again and have some silly bench warrant for a seatbelt violation.
Yep.. and that’ll be the day you get some excited cop that wants to tie you up for something else. I’ve noticed in this thread, that none of the “stick it to the man” comments come from anyone who shares the same tag number as the OP… therefore, they have nothing to lose by giving the OP ****ty advice. AND, he admitted to being caught without his seatbelt.
But, I agree, if it’s worth your time, tell the judge. They’ll likely throw it out.

Back
Top Bottom