• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got a seat belt ticket BUT….

I’d guess he ran tag hit a button and printed ticket and never looked at license,go to court if it bothers you that bad.
I would just pay the ticket, and move on if I was in the wrong .not worth the b.s. to me to prove a point.
As stated above a asshole judge may throw a court fee on top of your fine.
I'd likely pay it too if it's $20 or less and no points. It's not worth my time to drive to the courthouse, park and wait with the other sheep getting fleeced.

I'm sorry about that.

I watched a county coroner in SC scoop up a young man's brains and place them in to his skull and then duct tape the cap of his skull onto his head before placing the body in a bag. That left a mark. On my psyche.
**** me. I've never understood the word "triggered" before. Tried to help save a motorcylist the other week, me and a lady were the first to get to him. Anyway, read that and i'm smelling his aftershave again.

He went out of his way to pick you out of all the other victims over a seat belt and then was unable to get the information correct ? What a ****ing retard and embarrassment to all the competent cops out there. I'd fight that to my grave. He needs to held accountable for being a dumb ****

I'm sorry about that.

I watched a county coroner in SC scoop up a young man's brains and place them in to his skull and then duct tape the cap of his skull onto his head before placing the body in a bag. That left a mark. On my psyche.

Good reminder to always keep a roll of duct tape on you.

So far Ive spoke with 3 people at the municipal court, no one could help me there. They gave me the number to the Dept. of public safety, spoke to 2 people there, after about 20 minutes they gave me a phone number to the direct office where this officer reports to but have not gotten anyone to answer the phone yet.

I sent my attorney an email this morning, we’ll see what he thinks.
Man that’s a lot of work for a $15 dollar ticket…I’d pay it and forget it. Doesn’t matter what you do whether you pay or get it dismissed they won’t do a f’n thing to the cop and he’s already forgot it by now. I know it’s the principle of the thing but what are you accomplishing…

He went out of his way to pick you out of all the other victims over a seat belt and then was unable to get the information correct ? What a ****ing retard and embarrassment to all the competent cops out there. I'd fight that to my grave. He needs to held accountable for being a dumb ****
Normally I'd agree, but in my case my time is more valuable than the $20 fine. Unless you're representing yourself in court, you think that's worth a lawyer and the hours of waiting at the courthouse to put up with that? Not to mention when the judge says well you signed it anyways so you admitted guilt. Nah, just pay it and move on. If it were a much more expensive offense maybe.

I'm sorry about that.

Yeah you can't get that type of stuff out of your head. I still remember driving up to a wreck that had just happened and no first responders yet. Young man, probably a teenager, dead hanging out the window. That was over 20 years ago and I can still recall it vividly.

I'm friends with a Bibb Co fatality investigator. He says after a while you just get desensitized to it. I guess you have to see a lot of gruesome accidents for that to happen.

Well here's the update....

After I left a message at the officers office he called me back. He appreciated me doing the right thing and calling in, he checked on his end and said yeah, that's not going to stand up in court. Then said to Toss the ticket in the trash and consider it a warning. He even admitted this wasn't the first time. I just laughed at him and said thanks officer have a great day and hung up.

Well here's the update....

After I left a message at the officers office he called me back. He appreciated me doing the right thing and calling in, he checked on his end and said yeah, that's not going to stand up in court. Then said to Toss the ticket in the trash and consider it a warning. He even admitted this wasn't the first time. I just laughed at him and said thanks officer have a great day and hung up.
Best update yet. Glad it worked out!

License info, DOB, Name, and residing address are all wrong.
How in the world did he get it wrong 😂? When your name is ran if you give the officer your DL he has everything to run. He must be blind are something. Also if the vehicle is registered he has all in information on the owner. He must of breeze on by in the academy are must be some big wigs son.

Back
Top Bottom