• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got Bored Today, Made New Handgrips for my Ruger 22/45, Whatcha Think, What Finish???

Thank you for all the comments, they are not extremely hard to make. This is about the third set of Pistol grips i have made. I normally do this kind of work to make knive handles.

Any other thoughts on waxes or oils for the finish, as of now i have a test piece and the wood is soaking up the super glue really fast and will require lots of sanding between coats

Any other thoughts on waxes or oils for the finish, as of now i have a test piece and the wood is soaking up the super glue really fast and will require lots of sanding between coats

I like a poly/oil finish. All the protection of poly and the beauty of oil Mix your favorite oil tung/linseed with a semi gloss poly 50/50 and wipe on wipe off. Add coats until you like the sheen. As easy as falling off a stump.

Sharps40 gets absolutely gorgeous rich satin finishes with rubbed Tru-oil, much better than I can get with tung or linseed oil. His work is exceptional and you need to observe the wood work he has done. His rust bluing of steel is on par or better (if possible) than his wood working skills. He has provided a wealth of information and experience. Search his projects.

Back
Top Bottom