• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got Bored Today, Made New Handgrips for my Ruger 22/45, Whatcha Think, What Finish???

Sharps40 gets absolutely gorgeous rich satin finishes with rubbed Tru-oil, much better than I can get with tung or linseed oil. His work is exceptional and you need to observe the wood work he has done. His rust bluing of steel is on par or better (if possible) than his wood working skills. He has provided a wealth of information and experience. Search his projects.

Thank you for the info, i will check out his projects

I like a poly/oil finish. All the protection of poly and the beauty of oil Mix your favorite oil tung/linseed with a semi gloss poly 50/50 and wipe on wipe off. Add coats until you like the sheen. As easy as falling off a stump.

Thank you GAGunguy for the info. that sounds pretty easy, i will have to take a look at that now.

I like a poly/oil finish. All the protection of poly and the beauty of oil Mix your favorite oil tung/linseed with a semi gloss poly 50/50 and wipe on wipe off. Add coats until you like the sheen. As easy as falling off a stump.

2nd vote on the blends. It's pretty dang easy but you do have to be careful if you're going to rub/sand in between coats. The coats go on very thin.

I used this stuff and would again:
p_209642009_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom