• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Got me one this morning

Goosebuster

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Roll Tide Roll
19   0
Reaction score
I have been chasing this bird for 3 or 4 weeks and I finally caught up to him this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_0441.JPG
    IMG_0441.JPG
    314.3 KB · Views: 110
  • tempImage0keOaM.png
    tempImage0keOaM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 95
Wow that’s awesome!

I have been a few times but never had success. I’ve taken hogs, deer, dove, yotes, coons, and fox… and then when it’s out of season, I have 40 hens in my back yard!
I would rather turkey hunt than any other kind of hunting. I love chasing these birds and hearing them gobble

The best part about killing a turkey is getting to eat it, I absolutely love eating wild turkey. It taste so much better than any store bought turkey and its much better than deer meat too. My daughters are already asking when we are going to eat it haha

Good Bird!
Was he answering the calls?
no, he was henned up and didnt care one bit about my calling. He gobbled on roost and I knew he was going to fly down in the field with the hens so I slipped into the field and waited for him to come my way. He strutted around with the hens for 1.5 hours and then finally they started coming my way. I laid him over at about 50 yards with the hen right beside him. I had to lay in the field on my stomach cause I didnt have a blind or anything

no, he was henned up and didnt care one bit about my calling. He gobbled on roost and I knew he was going to fly down in the field with the hens so I slipped into the field and waited for him to come my way. He strutted around with the hens for 1.5 hours and then finally they started coming my way. I laid him over at about 50 yards with the hen right beside him. I had to lay in the field on my stomach cause I didnt have a blind or anything
What round did you use to take it?

Back
Top Bottom