• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Got me one this morning

Figured Italian. I knew it took a great set up for that kind of range out of a shotgun. Used to know a guy that swore by them. He said best money he ever spent
if you use TSS it will give you crazy range out of any shotgun. I have a TSS setup for my gun and next year TSS is all im going to use. The only reason im not using it every hunt this year is because I was only able to find one box (5 shots) of the kind I like and its been sold out all season. As soon as it comes back in stock i'm going to buy more and use nothing but TSS. But I have no complaints with the Longbeard XR, it has killed every bird ive ever shot at. They claim it is good out to 60 yards with a 12g setup, TSS can be lethal out to 100 yards.

no, he was henned up and didnt care one bit about my calling. He gobbled on roost and I knew he was going to fly down in the field with the hens so I slipped into the field and waited for him to come my way. He strutted around with the hens for 1.5 hours and then finally they started coming my way. I laid him over at about 50 yards with the hen right beside him. I had to lay in the field on my stomach cause I didnt have a blind or anything
Brother a full strutter decoy with a hen will get them old field bosses attention when they think they the king.

Brother a full strutter decoy with a hen will get them old field bosses attention when they think they the king.
I had a quarter strut with submissive hen decoy out but the terrain in the field prevented him from seeing the decoys, but the terrain also let me sneak up and then army crawl about 100 yards up to a spot he would walk past. I didn't expect him to fly off roost into the field, they have been staying in the woods so I had to reposition quickly after they flew down. I think if he could have seen the decoy he would have been on that quarter strut decoy like a rat on a Cheeto.

Turkey are considered big game so it cost $360. But that will cover all hunting in Alabama for a year, if I want to duck hunt I just need state duck stamp.
Yeah $360 isn’t too bad for everything and I think the state duck stamp is only $11. Do you deer hunt Alabama too? I just don’t like how Alabama licenses don’t last a year from purchase everybody’s goes out the same time

Back
Top Bottom