Gotta love the 5.45x39s! AK or AR you choose!!

I don't think this is completely true. . . . edited (sorry).

Check out this post: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/sh...for-AR-in-5.45&p=312461&viewfull=1#post312461

The adams arms kit COMES with the extra power hammer spring. The bolt comes complete as well. I put in a heavy spikes buffer along with a heavy spring. Runs like a champ.

I dont think the lower had anything to do with it in your case. Sounds me like crap ammo. The extractors on the adams arms are TIGHT. They will pull even the hardest stuck cases out of the chamber.

Last edited:
I dont think the lower had anything to do with it in your case. Sounds me like crap ammo. The extractors on the adams arms are TIGHT. They will pull even the hardest stuck cases out of the chamber.

Possibly - I wish I knew for sure. Based on the recommendation to get a stronger hammer spring, I guess it would make sense that I was having FTF issues with the .223 lower. I wish I just knew everything implicitly and didn't have to "learn"!! :lol: But this site is great for the learning part - very helpful people on here! ;)

Possibly - I wish I knew for sure. Based on the recommendation to get a stronger hammer spring, I guess it would make sense that I was having FTF issues with the .223 lower. I wish I just knew everything implicitly and didn't have to "learn"!! :lol: But this site is great for the learning part - very helpful people on here! ;)

There is no difference in the lower. You just need an extra power hammer spring. I actually have extra power springs in all my lowers so I can put my upper on any of them without problem. I have a Smith and Wesson 5.45 upper and it normally sits on top of a RRA lower.

There is no difference in the lower. You just need an extra power hammer spring. I actually have extra power springs in all my lowers so I can put my upper on any of them without problem. I have a Smith and Wesson 5.45 upper and it normally sits on top of a RRA lower.

Thats what I figured. The adams arms upper came with one. I installed that along with an extra power buffer/spring. Runs like a champ. Just wish the ammo was not so damn dirty.

Thats what I figured. The adams arms upper came with one. I installed that along with an extra power buffer/spring. Runs like a champ. Just wish the ammo was not so damn dirty.

I just put my upper and bolt carrier group in the dish washer when I get home. Cleans it up like a champ. ;)

haha. Thats why I bought a piston upper. I spray it with windex and clean it like normal. Works every time.

Soapy water is what it takes to stop the corrosive acids. The ammonia in the windex is great for removing copper deposits, but that is really not an issue with a 5.45 gun. I know windex is cheap, but a bottle of soapy water will work just as well and save you a couple of bucks.

That said, I usually have a bottle of windex in my range bag as well. Old habits and all that jazz.

Soapy water is what it takes to stop the corrosive acids. The ammonia in the windex is great for removing copper deposits, but that is really not an issue with a 5.45 gun. I know windex is cheap, but a bottle of soapy water will work just as well and save you a couple of bucks.

That said, I usually have a bottle of windex in my range bag as well. Old habits and all that jazz.

Yeah Soapy water works too. Something about windex gives it that nice shine ;) Ive always kept tons of windex around due to shooting corrosive 7.62x39. After at least 500 rounds I do the soapy water along with the windex. Like you said "old habits".

OK - so here's my exploding 5.45 AR! ;) 20" HBAR

i52.tinypic.com_5by8wi.jpg
i52.tinypic.com_30tqcxy.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom