• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Great Story

inkdaddy

Coast Guard Icon Supporter
Graduate, ODT class of 2010!!
165   0
Reaction score
I have always been an avid reader. When I was very young my Mom always gave us an extra half hour at bed time if we read. No comic books, a real book. I read all of the Hardy Boys Series and then on from there. The Top Books to this day that I have read all twice now are: 1. Shogun, 2. The Stand and 3. The Godfather. Special mention is Jaws, and The Exorcist!! I remember the 10 hour made for TV mini series with Richard Chamberlain in SHOGUN. It was so Awesome.....and Now it Premieres again today on FX. I am so excited to watch this.

I have always been an avid reader. When I was very young my Mom always gave us an extra half hour at bed time if we read. No comic books, a real book. I read all of the Hardy Boys Series and then on from there. The Top Books to this day that I have read all twice now are: 1. Shogun, 2. The Stand and 3. The Godfather. Special mention is Jaws, and The Exorcist!! I remember the 10 hour made for TV mini series with Richard Chamberlain in SHOGUN. It was so Awesome.....and Now it Premieres again today on FX. I am so excited to watch this.

Tai Pan would be a suitable addition.

Shogun and Pillars Of The Earth are probably the best two books I’ve read. But James Clavelle can kiss my ass for dying before revealing who is Noble House… is it the Brock’s or the green eyed devil, Dirk Strauns family? Reading 10,000+ pages to live curious. Just damn

You want me to tell you?

You can always try and plow your way thru' Whirlwind. It's pretty clear which companies are the real companies behind "Struans" and "Brocks".

I do want you to tell me. Whirlwind is like a giant book full of sleeping pills

Did you actually read/see the third in the "Asian Series", "Noble House"?

It's pretty clear by that point in the series that Struans is considered the Noble House by the people of Hong Kong, but its economic stability is at risk. Brocks itself is no longer a company, but its successor, Rothwell-Gornt is a powerful rival that seeks to crush Struans once and for all, and the ownership of the latter is concentrated in the person of Quillan Gornt - a direct descendant of the Brocks.

It's worth reading. There was a movie made too, but as with so many movie adaptations, it barely scratches the surface.

Anyway - apologies for hijacking the OP's thread.

Did you actually read/see the third in the "Asian Series", "Noble House"?

It's pretty clear by that point in the series that Struans is considered the Noble House by the people of Hong Kong, but its economic stability is at risk. Brocks itself is no longer a company, but its successor, Rothwell-Gornt is a powerful rival that seeks to crush Struans once and for all, and the ownership of the latter is concentrated in the person of Quillan Gornt - a direct descendant of the Brocks.

It's worth reading. There was a movie made too, but as with so many movie adaptations, it barely scratches the surface.

Anyway - apologies for hijacking the OP's thread.
Apparently, they rewrote and abridged Whirlwind. It’s now called Escape.

And if I recall, I read Shogun, Gaijin, Tai Pan, Noble House, King Rat and a part of Whirlwind. There may have been another but I read em in order. Been years though. However, everything you said rings memories

Back
Top Bottom