• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Great Sleeping Pad for Hiking?

As to the air mattress I have never had any luck with them. I use a foldable foam pad now, not sure which brand. Foam is well foam I haven't found anything that is really comfortable. I usually just sleep on my side till my arm goes to sleep then I wake up roll over and do that again and again till morning. Check at REI for the member sales. You can find some deals there but you have to get there early. It is basically returned merchandise that they are reselling.

Therm-a-rest always worked for me and when I'm not back packing they live in the pop-up camper under the mattress.
I've never had one leak, I'm sure one of them is at least 30 years old.
Oh! And they're light!

I have a hammock and like it but man that thing gets cold. Not to thread jack but any suggestions on an underquilt?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

You don't need an under quilt as much as you need a wind break. I have been through some rough cold as hell weather with my eno, tarp, and military 3 piece sleeping bag. Even in summer I take the gortex cover because it's the wind from underneath that gets you so cold. I hate sleeping on the ground but if I have to the 3 piece bag makes it dry and as comfy as you would expect.

You don't need an under quilt as much as you need a wind break. I have been through some rough cold as hell weather with my eno, tarp, and military 3 piece sleeping bag. Even in summer I take the gortex cover because it's the wind from underneath that gets you so cold. I hate sleeping on the ground but if I have to the 3 piece bag makes it dry and as comfy as you would expect.
Any suggestions on a decent wind break?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom