• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Growing Hemp in GA.

Should we finally end the ridiculous prohibition of hemp?

• Yes, please let's legalize freedom again.

• No, and I'm gonna explain my statist thoughts in the comments.

• Hemp Tacos

Results are only viewable after voting.
Growing isn't the problem. Where is the market, and what does it cost to sell it?

Cotton, grains, hay, beef, pork, chicken all have established markets and sales venues. Hemp...nope.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons nobody can have a constructive conversation about hemp as a useful crop. Immediate cheech and Chong jokes. I get that they are jokes. It just colors the conversation to the point hemp never gets taken seriously. Wasnt getting on to you or anything. The comments just helped make the point is all.

Edit... sorry meant to quote bulletslinger not you.
This is the ODT, it don't get any better than this! :pound: On a serious note note I say legalize it and pot. No need for government stepping in anywhere they shouldn't have been in the first place!:g44l:

I find it frustrating when people simply dont know there is a difference between pot and hemp. You could smoke a pound of it and get nothing but a headache for your trouble. I get tired of explaining the same thing over and over.

I think hemp has great potential as a cash crop that can ease the cost of land ownership. So many uses. Better than trees for paper. Takes less harmful chemicals to make which eases business costs and you get a crop in 6-8 weeks as opposed to 15 years for pine trees. Makes great insulation. Really great building material (hempcrete). High protein food source. Rope, cloth, etc. I think its gonna be a big thing once the stigma dies and industry realizes the income stream available enough to invest into finding the best uses in a multitude of industries.

But everytime its mentioned you can expect nothing but scorn and the automatic assumption you're a dope smoking hippie with a prius covered in coexist stickers. Personally, if I owned a good chunk of land I'd be excited about a way to help defray the carrying costs. Pine tree farms, tax breaks, hunting leases, and leasing fields to farmers doesnt really make ends meet and you still have to come out of pocket to own land these days.
But we were told thatsmoking weed will turn you into a drug addict killer with a thirst for blood. . Plus without all the revenue generated for <1oz possession charges what would happen? I mean the governor of of highway safety pushes for so much enforcement on simple stuff like this it makes you wonder. 1 year suspensions and jacked up insurance plus a risk reduction class. I mean all that has to be for protection of the general public from reefer madness right? I mean my preacher says........

Make it all legal and keep all those cartels from getting our money.

Did we learn nothing from Prohibition?
Learned that the federal government killed thousands of people by poisoning the illegal alcohol to keep people from buying it, but they did anyway. I’m sure if hemp was grown someone would sneak in plants with thc for the extra profit and they’d have to open a whole new enforcement division just to trespass on your land to ensure all your plants are hemp.

The prohibition on Cannabis must be struck down before any of this can actually be considered legal.
There's a farm bill in Congress with overwhelming support from both sides that legalizes hemp. You can look it up, it's the 2018 farm bill or something like that. Last I heard it was expected to pass Congress and hit Trump's desk with ease. It may be the only thing that gets done the next two years.

Back
Top Bottom