• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Growing Hemp in GA.

Should we finally end the ridiculous prohibition of hemp?

• Yes, please let's legalize freedom again.

• No, and I'm gonna explain my statist thoughts in the comments.

• Hemp Tacos

Results are only viewable after voting.
But we were told thatsmoking weed will turn you into a drug addict killer with a thirst for blood. . Plus without all the revenue generated for <1oz possession charges what would happen? I mean the governor of of highway safety pushes for so much enforcement on simple stuff like this it makes you wonder. 1 year suspensions and jacked up insurance plus a risk reduction class. I mean all that has to be for protection of the general public from reefer madness right? I mean my preacher says........

Marijuana and hemp are two different conversations.

Learned that the federal government killed thousands of people by poisoning the illegal alcohol to keep people from buying it, but they did anyway. I’m sure if hemp was grown someone would sneak in plants with thc for the extra profit and they’d have to open a whole new enforcement division just to trespass on your land to ensure all your plants are hemp.
Marijuana and hemp are two different conversations.

Not really. The push for hemp is backed by the push for legal pot. Same same the push for "medical marijuana".

yup want to get really pissed just watch some of the documentaries about how the native Americans started trying to grow it on their reservations and then the government came and burned it all, and then when they did it again they decided just to pay them off to destroy it themselves, just think about that. . . .the government would rather waste tax dollars paying someone to destroy their own crops then allow a new agricultural market to flourish

Growing isn't the problem. Where is the market, and what does it cost to sell it?

Cotton, grains, hay, beef, pork, chicken all have established markets and sales venues. Hemp...nope.

the market is everywhere. hemp is used in so many industries i cant even begin to count and its used just as often over here. the only thing is we have to import it from other countries like Canada rather than have our own farmers provide it. a US venue for selling it would be created extremely quickly for how much capital it could generate if they were only allowed to.

Back
Top Bottom