• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Growing Hemp in GA.

Should we finally end the ridiculous prohibition of hemp?

• Yes, please let's legalize freedom again.

• No, and I'm gonna explain my statist thoughts in the comments.

• Hemp Tacos

Results are only viewable after voting.
That was the orginal reason too. Now it is an economy of scale issue to process hemp into paper and plastic consumer products.
Yeah, I don't see it replacing plastic and forestry products on a large scale, but there would still be a large market for it in those industries as an environmental cruelty free product sold to uppity hippies who drive little smart cars and drink soy milk.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons nobody can have a constructive conversation about hemp as a useful crop. Immediate cheech and Chong jokes. I get that they are jokes. It just colors the conversation to the point hemp never gets taken seriously. Wasnt getting on to you or anything. The comments just helped make the point is all.

Edit... sorry meant to quote bulletslinger not you.

Welcome to ODT, where all threads derail within the first page!!!

But we were told thatsmoking weed will turn you into a drug addict killer with a thirst for blood. . Plus without all the revenue generated for <1oz possession charges what would happen? I mean the governor of of highway safety pushes for so much enforcement on simple stuff like this it makes you wonder. 1 year suspensions and jacked up insurance plus a risk reduction class. I mean all that has to be for protection of the general public from reefer madness right? I mean my preacher says........

Justice for profit at its finest

"I think hemp has great potential as a cash crop that can ease the cost of land ownership. "

Big Forestry. Won't allow it. It's a huge industry in GA.
Ironically that’s why it’s illegal in the first place. Now that newspapers and the hurst crime families aren’t controlling all the politicians maybe it’ll change

Kinda my point.
Plus you’ve got to factor in the Bible Belt mentality. Anything a preacher says is taken as absolute truth so when they say marijuana and hemp are the same and a product sent from the devil himself, people here listen. Look how many places still won’t approve alcohol sales much less on Sunday.

Plus you’ve got to factor in the Bible Belt mentality. Anything a preacher says is taken as absolute truth so when they say marijuana and hemp are the same and a product sent from the devil himself, people here listen. Look how many places still won’t approve alcohol sales much less on Sunday.
Can't have folks showing up to church on Sunday drunk now.

Back
Top Bottom