• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun buyback scheduled for Feb. 9th in College Park

^someone better. Y'all need to start a thread detailing the beuties you saved from destruction.

I've got a buddy who works there confirmed the Browning Citori 410 sold to some lucky {unless its stolen} fan for $180. But someone let a fairly rare Colt Cobra in .22lr slip through to be destroyed.

Browning Citori? Wow... At that price we'd have bought all we could get home- case of someone not knowing what they had... So someone outside was able to get it before it was sold back - nice!

I arrived at 11:30 and already missed a few great deals. I heard about the M1 selling for like $200 and the Browning Citori .410 for $180. A Remington 1100 went for $150 etc. etc.

Most of the selling crowd was middle age to older folks who seemed honest. I spoke to about half of the people in the long line and out of a 100 only three would not sell to individual. One didn't think it was legal and was visibly stressed. I suspect he had a deep seated fear or anger at an inanimate object. The far majority (sellers) would rather deal with clean cut honest citizens (buyers) rather than wait for hours in a slow moving line.

The far majority of the crowd had guns that were not worth what the city was willing to naively pay. The city put money back into the pockets of a mostly elderly crowd with a few exceptions for guns that were poorly made cheap pot metal hazards. One middle aged woman arrived too late to trade her "sissy gun" for $100. She said the cash was to go to purchase a real gun. A few showed up with air guns and were educated about the separation of air gun and firearm. To them it was a "gun" and $100-$150 in the pocket.

A side street next to the auditorium and I met my first gun saver.

i47.tinypic.com_kcm3iw.jpg

Seller? Look at the smile! Hey it was only $150!

i47.tinypic.com_34nsjnn.jpg

These guys were working hard to take guns off the streets and into the safes.

i45.tinypic.com_sor4mc.jpg

This guy picked up a few good deals.

i49.tinypic.com_2v7xwyp.jpg

This old warrior (on the left) was in Korea when the Chinese attacked U.S. forces in the bitter cold. I was proud to thank him for his service and let him know the cheap handgun he had he would do well to get the $100 the city was offering.

i49.tinypic.com_2mg6ps8.jpg

Sellers on the right, buyers on the left (two lines).

i50.tinypic.com_fm8isz.jpg

The line from the entrance goes to the street and bends down the sidewalk.

i45.tinypic.com_1zyjwgm.jpg

Some folks really have no business having guns...... I wonder if the cops will test fire these?

i46.tinypic.com_34jc875.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom