• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun show loop hole is going bye bye

BAM! There's some very true words. Who still goes to gun shows anyway? I think the last one I went to was here in Perry back in 96 or 97. In fact it was SO long ago that I bought a Type 53 carbine right out of the crate full for $69.00.

Barrow Automotive is a huge dealer in the caution light town of Butler,GA. But people come from all over the state to go there. They used to go big at all the gun shows in GA . In fact they used to have the long line of tables facing the opposite direction as all the aisles of other tables. But somewhere in the mid 90s they stopped doing gun shows. One of the guys at Barrow's told me that they got a belly full of packing all up setting it all up then packing it up again only to get low balled by cheapskates. And basically they never had to do gun shows. They have state wide business coming to them.

Only reason I see to go to gun shows now is if you're looking for something rare . Cause there ain't any deals to be had.
Damnnn.. Had no idea Barrow Automotive was still around. I was a kid when I bought a MAC 10 from them back in - the 80s? Wish I still owned it.

Back
Top Bottom