• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun suggestions for a bird hunt out west

Just an additional observation: there is a significant recoil difference between “inertia” guns and gas guns. Franchi and Benelli are both inertia guns with significantly higher felt recoil. Gas guns like Berettas and Brownings have less felt recoil because it is spread out over a recoil spring and some of the explosion gases are valved out of the gun. It especially matters with heavier loads. Search the issue on www.shotgunworld.com
I didn’t see this mentioned in the thread.
Shovel99

Benelli Montefeltro…ftw
I was eyeballing a Benelli that was $999 at sportsman's Warehouse the other day when I was picking up my Hornady dry shot Case lube. That gun was freaking beautiful in the action was the smooth as a man couldn't go wrong with one of those that's for sure. It was the auto gun.

Beretta a400 extreme. Shoots everything from 2 3/4”-3 1/12“ shoulder rockers. Love mine shoots smooth and eats everything. I have thousands of rounds through her with no misfires. I’ve only broke it down one time for a good cleaning. All It had before is a quick wipe and some oil. I only did the deep clean bc a friend was giving me a hard time telling me I’m going to have a problem like he had from another manufacture. It got me worried so I did it. Did it need it? Who knows? figured it couldnt hurt. that was about 3k rounds in. Let us know what you decide.

I don’t turkey hunt and I rarely shoot clays. I own a Browning and a Beretta O/U and a Benelli Montefeltro (20g. ). I quail hunt and occasionally Dove hunt. I’ll pick the Benelli up over the others every time. It just fits and it’s fast to shoulder and get on the birds. But, that’s me. You may be better with different guns. Shoot as many as possible first if you have time.

Back
Top Bottom