• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun suggestions for a bird hunt out west

Hey y'all,
I've never gone bird hunting, don't know much about it honestly. I've shot clays a handful of times but couldn't really tell you what guns I used. Anyway, I have a trip out west coming up in a few weeks that I've been procrastinating getting ready for... and I need to get a 12 gauge. Y'all got any suggestions? I'd like to try out some turkey hunting this spring here in GA the gun should be able to pull double duty. Thanks.
For double duty, Benelli SBE II or III. Can’t go wrong.

South dakota, pheasant. This thread has been extremely helpful by the way. Thanks to all who have contributed.
Done a combo quail and pheasant guided hunt on horseback in 2016 in South Dakota. Lotta quail and good amount of pheasant taken by 4 of us. Had a super guide. 3 day hunt. By the 3rd day my butt couldn’t handle anymore saddle time…lol. Popped a bunch of caps and ate a lot of good food. Guide had a deal with some locals to feed us supper in their homes. Was the absolute best bird hunt I’ve ever been on.
GLWHunt and enjoy!

Call the lodge or your hunting guide. They will be your best advisor on the gun for the pheasant hunt. Balmy day released birds and windy day wild birds are two completely different hunts btw.
You can then put in a full choke for the turkeys.

Back
Top Bottom