• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gun transfer question

Yes, if they are alive and this would be considered an "inter-vivos gift."
Now if your relative wants to avoid making you go through an FFL,
that relative could always die :angel: and then the laws of intestate succession or a bequest mandated by a valid will would not require an FFL's involvement.

It's your relative's choice, but in my experience most of them
won't go through that much trouble to avoid an FFL transfer.
:bounce:

Yes, if they are alive and this would be considered an "inter-vivos gift."
Now if your relative wants to avoid making you go through an FFL,
that relative could always die :angel: and then the laws of intestate succession or a bequest mandated by a valid will would not require an FFL's involvement.

It's your relative's choice, but in my experience most of them
won't go through that much trouble to avoid an FFL transfer.
:bounce:
Yea, that's what I was going to say!:lemo:

Thanks to all for the answers. Long story short. My wife's friend's boyfriend is a 50 year old newbie to gun ownership. What I know about him not much. Don't even know his first name. Don't really want to know it. The guy is fairly wealthy professional not a criminal. Anyway wife tells me that he wants a gun because of biden and gun control. His brother out of state will give him one. They came up with the brilliant idea of.... wait for it
Filing off the serial numbers. Doh. So I told them that is stupid and probably a felony. I did advise them to go through FFL. This guy is friggin engineer. Again thanks to the ODT legal community for conforming what I thought.

Thanks to all for the answers. Long story short. My wife's friend's boyfriend is a 50 year old newbie to gun ownership. What I know about him not much. Don't even know his first name. Don't really want to know it. The guy is fairly wealthy professional not a criminal. Anyway wife tells me that he wants a gun because of biden and gun control. His brother out of state will give him one. They came up with the brilliant idea of.... wait for it
Filing off the serial numbers. Doh. So I told them that is stupid and probably a felony. I did advise them to go through FFL. This guy is friggin engineer. Again thanks to the ODT legal community for conforming what I thought.
Never doubt the stupidity of the human race lol.

Back
Top Bottom