Guns in the movies Bs

Is it just me?
I'm one of those guys who just cant help but throw the BS flag when I watch movies.
Likee when they shoot a 44 magnum out of a car window and they can still here.
When they run into a building full of gunshots and bad guys and then decide to rack the slide and chamber a round. Lol
When they shoot an auto rifle at a guy in a alley and never cut a hair
It's no wonder so many folks haven't got a clue about guns, but then again when do people ever believe what they see on tv......

I've never been able Not Call out BS on those 36 Shot Colt Revolvers.

Hey... Just saw this thread! How about the "curved bullet" scenes in Wanted with Angelina Jolie? LOL!!!

I don't mind that as much because it's supposed to be fantasy. It's when it's supposed to be realistic and they just get so much silly **** wrong that I can't enjoy the show. My daughters start groaning when a weapons scene comes on because they know I'm probably about to start complaining. LOL! There are very few shows and movies that actually get it right. Who they hell are they paying as a technical advisor?

I hate when they happen to pop off 8-10 rounds on a revolver. But I also see all the bs in the movies. 30rnd mags some how fit 50 bullets. Lol I just laugh

I've been watching 24 for the first time and I cringe a little watching jack Bauer decock his sig with his thumb on the hammer and pulling the trigger. It has a ****ing decock lever ****tard!

How about them low velocity rounds Roy Rodgers had? Sure they were accurate (and he never ran out), but he had to throw each one out of the barrel!

Mag capacity works the other way, too. A just drawn weapon with a high cap mag that runs dry after three shots because that fits the plot.

Shooting a bad guy between the eyes while he has a hostage...

This one is very doable. At 15yds or in most of the folks I train with would hit this 99.999% My biggest one is the "ONE SHOT KILL" they shoot 3 guys 1X each and they all die like you hit them in the head with a bowling ball going 500 fps.

That scene in Commando where Arnold is standing in the wide open mowing down bad guys lined up along a big wall shooting down into the courtyard at him...he's just slowly turning popping them one at a time with full auto....and none of the guys shooting at him also with full auto are so much as nicking him.

Back
Top Bottom