Guns in the movies Bs

I love movies on the syfy channel where it's so obvious that the guns are rubber prop guns with CGI muzzle flashes added in and no movement whatsoever of the slide.

I call the safety violations, muzzle sweeps, no recoil, can hear after mag dumps, excessive shots, etc. I imagine most of the competent users on here do. Hollywood really should have someone to consult them on things like this during filming.

I love the full auto firing pins once it runs out of ammo.

I call the safety violations, muzzle sweeps, no recoil, can hear after mag dumps, excessive shots, etc. I imagine most of the competent users on here do. Hollywood really should have someone to consult them on things like this during filming.
but if Hollywood actually made a gun more realistic with things like recoil, and safety regulations, the action movies wouldn't be as exciting to most non-gun owners.

a lot of those semi-automatic rifles they try to make em look like full autos in the movies(whether that be for entertainment value, ignorance on firearms on their part or trying to confuse the public i don't know).

most every movie i see when an actor is holding a gun there finger is constantly on the trigger, and muzzle sweep constantly as well, how many actors really do enjoy shooting or hate shooting but still refuse to turn down roles that make them use guns or carry one the whole filming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr37b-FYj8g

Last edited:
Its funny how film/TV makers strive to get so many details accurate or correct in every other area of what they do for the most part, but the reality of firearms just goes right over their heads without a thought..Sure the bottomless mags, one shot kills, guns that's make a raking sound every time you point them and un-hitable hero's are good for show and selling tickets but darn.. How can something like firearms and gun fights that are so critical to the action of a movie be so neglected?

The worst one I think I have seen: Blitz w/ Jason Statham, end scene. He is holding the same sig 226 he has all movie on a bad guy, the camera shot changes then comes back and he is holding a freaking revolver.. Really? How many shoot em ups has Statham been in and how many folks missed that?

My wife used to hate when I named every gun I saw in films and on TV, but I finally got her infected with gunutitis, lol

The one I hate the most is "Swamp People" where their .22 rifle keeps changing from a Marlin to a Ruger to a Remington and back again while they are shooting a gator! I freaking hate that!

"The Walking Dead" also had some bad ones. The season 3 scene where "The Governor" takes aim and shoots the National Guard soldier at 75 yards while he is running away... The M4 has no rear sight. Another scene at the prison, they are shooting zombies through the chain link fence... There is no recoil or slide action on the Semi-Auto pistols. This kind of stuff is all over the place in that show.

How about when they are using a lever gun....they never seem to have a round chambered, but have to lever it right before they shoot. Sgt York is portrayed using a German gun, but he
used a 45 (I think). On another note, they always use American tanks and pretend they are German....Billy the Kid was not left-handed. etc etc

Back
Top Bottom