• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hampton, GA bus incident has me asking some questions....

Whats wrong with this picture?

Really accurate "sniper rifle" they got there.:pound:

Attachments

• snipergun.jpg
    snipergun.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 55
It would take a very bad person to do something like that. BUT doesn't it make you wonder what has happened to the guns you bought new and traded at one point in time what if they got used in a crime? What if it was a weapon you bought 2 years ago decided you wanted to trade for something different then in crappy way of luck your weapon gets used in a crime. KINDA makes me wonder if a BOS is worth doing for now on?

Ranger101, I agree with you on one point, yes, it would make me feel terrible that a gun I sold was used in a crime. Any crime committed would be horrible, but a crime involving kids, well it is too horrific to comtemplate. However, I am not going to require a BOS in the future. I consider myself a law abiding citizen and will follow all the law requires. A BOS is not required. I will sign them if the seller wants one, heck I might even sign one if a buyer wants one. But I will not require one. The actions of one criminal does not sway my opinion, and it is only my opinion. I certainly understand your concern and I am not trying to butt heads with you. I just do not believe a BOS would give me any piece of mind if a weapon I sold was used in a crime. I would still feel terrible.

I agree with you 100% my point I am trying to make is maybe it can and will cover your butt if its used in a crime thats my concern. I know I am not going to go out and commit a crime. And your right one persons stupidity cant sway me either way but just looking at it from a different angle. WHAT IF your weapon was used in a crime AND IT WAS A RECENT purchase you made and traded it off. That's my point I mean damn the headache that would cause.

I was really surprised to see that they hadnt even contacted the original owner because he didnt fit the description of the suspect. Goes against what I would have guessed would happen in this situation. I mean, its possible that he just sold that rifle or had it stolen and never reported it.

It would take a very bad person to do something like that. BUT doesn't it make you wonder what has happened to the guns you bought new and traded at one point in time what if they got used in a crime? What if it was a weapon you bought 2 years ago decided you wanted to trade for something different then in crappy way of luck your weapon gets used in a crime. KINDA makes me wonder if a BOS is worth doing for now on?

They have to prove you were there. You really think the owner of that rifle had a bill of sale? Really? He aint in jail. So again. BOS is useless.

I was really surprised to see that they hadnt even contacted the original owner because he didnt fit the description of the suspect. Goes against what I would have guessed would happen in this situation. I mean, its possible that he just sold that rifle or had it stolen and never reported it.

Another good point

I agree with you 100% my point I am trying to make is maybe it can and will cover your butt if its used in a crime thats my concern. I know I am not going to go out and commit a crime. And your right one persons stupidity cant sway me either way but just looking at it from a different angle. WHAT IF your weapon was used in a crime AND IT WAS A RECENT purchase you made and traded it off. That's my point I mean damn the headache that would cause.

That BOS you have proves nothing. I could write one up right after they knock on the door. Proves nothing.

They have to prove you were there. You really think the owner of that rifle had a bill of sale? Really? He aint in jail. So again. BOS is useless.

I understand but can you not see how it could easily be put back on you? I mean not in this school bus incident but in the scenario I laid out

Back
Top Bottom