• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Handguard

trw2094

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
21   0
Reaction score
I have a DPMS arms AR , I would like to remove the sight and replace the hand guard with 15” in order to run a LPVO.
What are your suggestions on a hand guard?
I've never replaced parts on an AR before.

Attachments

• EF1DE83D-CDC4-43A3-8DDE-71DEDADA2564.jpeg
    EF1DE83D-CDC4-43A3-8DDE-71DEDADA2564.jpeg
    494.1 KB · Views: 22
I would recommend that you take your front sight base and trim it to fit under a handguard. Cut off the “A-frame”, bayonet lug, and sling swivel, and clean it all up. That’s a double tapered pin FSB, and that means it’s the strongest gas block on the market. Don’t downgrade it. Here’s what it’ll look like when done:

E7105B6C-F832-4E9A-82BD-3F99D52804D3.jpeg

What are you looking to spend on your rail?

Huge selection of rails out there nowadays. For rails under $200 that are solid, I recommend:

- BCM MCMR

- Seekins NOXs

- Troy Industries SOCC Special Ops Compatible Low rail (I run one on my primary gun)

- Aero Precision R-One (full-length Picatinny rail at the top)

- Aero Precision S-One (abbreviated Picatinny rail at the top)

Centurion Arms 5.56 MLOK rail is one of my favorites, and excellent quality and design (like everything they offer).

Geissele makes some good rails, but in my opinion they tend to be heavy and bulky.

SRL Industries makes some great rails. I use their SOLO Lite on my backup gun.

TRIARC Systems are excellent, and usually out of stock.

I would recommend that you take your front sight base and trim it to fit under a handguard. Cut off the “A-frame”, bayonet lug, and sling swivel, and clean it all up. That’s a double tapered pin FSB, and that means it’s the strongest gas block on the market. Don’t downgrade it. Here’s what it’ll look like when done:

View attachment 5528343

What are you looking to spend on your rail?

Huge selection of rails out there nowadays. For rails under $200 that are solid, I recommend:

- BCM MCMR

- Seekins NOXs

- Troy Industries SOCC Special Ops Compatible Low rail (I run one on my primary gun)

- Aero Precision R-One (full-length Picatinny rail at the top)

- Aero Precision S-One (abbreviated Picatinny rail at the top)

Centurion Arms 5.56 MLOK rail is one of my favorites, and excellent quality and design (like everything they offer).

Geissele makes some good rails, but in my opinion they tend to be heavy and bulky.

SRL Industries makes some great rails. I use their SOLO Lite on my backup gun.

TRIARC Systems are excellent, and usually out of stock.
Hey cmshoot what's you thoughts on the Midwest CRM rails?

Hey cmshoot what's you thoughts on the Midwest CRM rails?

It’s a decent rail, but I’m not a fan of the knurled barrel nut/friction type of anti-rotation device. In my book, the BCM MCMR, Seekins NOXs, Troy SOCC, and Aero R-One are all superior rails to the Midwest CRM, and in the same price range.

It’s a decent rail, but I’m not a fan of the knurled barrel nut/friction type of anti-rotation device. In my book, the BCM MCMR, Seekins NOXs, Troy SOCC, and Aero R-One are all superior rails to the Midwest CRM, and in the same price range.
I see . That makes sense. The rail grips the upper on each side kind of like the aeros though. I can't remember on the mcmr if it's similar.

Back
Top Bottom