• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Has anyone been to Hogleg Smith?

Ive used him multiple times from simple things like sigh installation to having trigger jobs done. Kinda quiet but really nice fella. He is in Ganiesville and I would recommend him...

My only experience with him is through my brother-in-law who did not have a good experience. He called and was inquiring about having several things done to a few different firearms and said Hogleg was fairly rude over the phone and just seemed disinterested in answering his questions or doing the work. Again not firsthand experience, but I figured I'd chime in in any case.

I've had a couple of trigger jobs done by him on both an Old Model Ruger Blackhawk and a S&W M66. Good work at a fair price. It's been about a year or so since I was last there. Nice guy.

i will never take anything to him again.i took a single action revolver to him fix because the cylinder wouldn't lock up when the hammer was uncocked. but it locked when the hammer was cocked but you could wiggle the cylinder and it would turn. so he called and said it was fixed i picked it up and didn't think anything about it until i went to shoot it.guess what it was doing the same thing. charged me 125.00 for nothing... never again

i will never take anything to him again.i took a single action revolver to him fix because the cylinder wouldn't lock up when the hammer was uncocked. but it locked when the hammer was cocked but you could wiggle the cylinder and it would turn. so he called and said it was fixed i picked it up and didn't think anything about it until i went to shoot it.guess what it was doing the same thing. charged me 125.00 for nothing... never again

If there's still a problem why not take it back to him?

About a year ago I took a Buckmark to him,turned out it was a seer spring. He made the repair and afterward I went to shoot the gun. 1 round would fire before it would lock up. I took it back to him and he made it good. Matter of fact when I took it back he drove me in his car to a local gun club so he could see and experience the problem himself. As for my experience he's fair, reasonable and will fix the problem. But you have to take it back to him, people.

i did. he told me welcome to the word of single action revolvers that is what it is suppose to do. i told him it didn't do that before it messd up.that is why i brought it over there. but he didn't want to hear it. i took to a man in dawsonville that fixed it while i stood there and watched, took him about 5 mins.he said that he didn't know hogleg smith but that gun doing that could get someone hurt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom