Has anyone besides me never owned a Glock?

I've never purchased one, but I got one in a trade. They just never felt good in my hand, and I am particular in liking an external safety on my firearms. So I have one, but I have yet to shoot it.

I have a Glock 19. I can say nothing about its looks. But it eats any ammo. Feels good in my hand. Shoots really well. I also have two SIG's both of which are great.
Funny thing, I end up carrying the Glock concealed almost as often as my 938. Which is my favorite carry.
It's been said, "you show your friends your Kimber and show your enemies your Glock."

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've always been a sucker for revolvers. Welcome to the party! Revolvers are awesome!

I had a Model 37 that was my carry gun in the early 90's. My wife decided she wanted to shoot some and could shoot that little Model 37 better than I could, so I figured she'd like another one. I figured something with adjustable sights and a longer barrel.

Thanks to JHW keeping me pointed in the right direction.
We are now proud owners of two old S&W revolvers a Model 19 6" and a Model 28 6". She shoots the lighter Model 19 and I love that beefy 28. I've been reloading light .38 rounds and we're having a ball. She's hitting, I'm hitting and we're standing there with big grins on our faces.

Thank God I reload! I bought one box of WWB in .38, 100 rounds cost me over $40! We're having way too much fun to have to limit ourselves because of the cost.

It appears to me the Model 28 was a cops gun. The only marks on the gun are on the cylinder right where it would rub against the inside snap on a holster. That actually adds to the mystique. It didn't need a click of sight adjustment to shoot the bull. I figured it had been shot a lot and was probably really dirty inside, so I got gutsy and took the side plate off. Though I did clean everything up it was almost as clean as when they put it together at the factory. That side plate is a super tight fit and makes me realize how tight the tolerances are on a gun like this. American engineering at its finest!

No glock I will get one when I buy a sub 2000. Makes sense to have a set that takes the same mags.

Oh yeah that's awesome. I shoot a Glock 34 and a sub 2k in some of the close in 3 gun matches and it's a hoot. It's kind of Cowboyish to be able to shoot the same round in both the rifle and the handgun. There's like no recoil at all with a 9mm sub 2k and when you need to double tab a target it can be done super quickly.

Back
Top Bottom