Has anyone tested the S&W M&P FPC?

I’ve had a FPC for a couple months now, and have no real complaints other than it’s heavier than it needs to be, for what it’s meant to be, for me at least.
On the road, I often feel under-gunned with simply a handgun, so I wanted a stocked 16” barreled “something” to use as a travel gun… needed to be lightweight and fit in a standard size book bag. The FPC is a perfect solution, but it’s a full 2lb heavier than the Keltec, unloaded! (6.5lb vs 4.5lb)
Soapbox moment, but here’s some ways the gen 2 could shave weight… slim down the stock, allowing it to only carry one extra mag, slim the barrel profile cuz it’s thick, lighten the bolt and put in a heavier spring. All that could easily save 1lb. Everything else on it is lightweight, mostly polymer.
The fit & finish is S&W quality. MUCH nicer than the Keltec.
Trigger is excellent. Bolt is easy to rack.
Recoil is mild. Great for new shooters.
Very accurate with many loads. I’m not nearly a John Wick, but I shot multiple 2” groups at 25yd standing offhand with a 1x prism scope. I feel very confident with my setup.
Not a single reliability issue after roughly 300 rounds. Ate several types of hollowpoints too. I have not tried it suppressed. If you have a 9mm can, we can meetup and I’ll let you test drive it.
I’m currently shopping for a companion pistol to share mags with the FPC.

I get hung up on weight, mostly bc I want it to be stupid easy to carry in a bag. (And I don’t plan on hitting the gym anytime soon. Haha!) I also chose this to avoid any SBR legal BS headaches while road-tripping around the States. It’s not a rifle caliber, gotta compromise somewhere, but it’s way better/easier solution than a handgun.

Attachments

• IMG_5425.jpeg
    IMG_5425.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5426.jpeg
    IMG_5426.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5429.jpeg
    IMG_5429.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5427.jpeg
    IMG_5427.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 10
I’ve had a FPC for a couple months now, and have no real complaints other than it’s heavier than it needs to be, for what it’s meant to be, for me at least.
On the road, I often feel under-gunned with simply a handgun, so I wanted a stocked 16” barreled “something” to use as a travel gun… needed to be lightweight and fit in a standard size book bag. The FPC is a perfect solution, but it’s a full 2lb heavier than the Keltec, unloaded! (6.5lb vs 4.5lb)
Soapbox moment, but here’s some ways the gen 2 could shave weight… slim down the stock, allowing it to only carry one extra mag, slim the barrel profile cuz it’s thick, lighten the bolt and put in a heavier spring. All that could easily save 1lb. Everything else on it is lightweight, mostly polymer.
The fit & finish is S&W quality. MUCH nicer than the Keltec.
Trigger is excellent. Bolt is easy to rack.
Recoil is mild. Great for new shooters.
Very accurate with many loads. I’m not nearly a John Wick, but I shot multiple 2” groups at 25yd standing offhand with a 1x prism scope. I’m very confident with my setup.
Not a single reliability issue after roughly 300 rounds. Ate several types of hollowpoints too. I have not tried it suppressed. If you have a 9mm can, we can meetup and I’ll let you test drive it.
I’m currently shopping for a companion pistol to share mags with the FPC.

I get hung up on weight, mostly bc I want it to be stupid easy to carry in a bag. (And I don’t plan on hitting the gym anytime soon. Haha!) I also chose this to avoid any SBR legal BS headaches while road-tripping around the States. It’s not a rifle caliber, gotta compromise somewhere, but it’s way better/easier solution than a handgun.
Thanks for a thorough and honest review. Exactly the info I was looking for. I don’t have a 9 can but I really do appreciate the offer. Many thanks. 👍🏻

I’ve had one for a couple months. I’ve put about 1K rounds through it no problems at all. Very accurate. Smooth trigger. It’s not an knock off of the keltech sub 2000 it’s a much much better quality gun. The accuracy is so much better. The trigger is no comparison. It folds to the side so the optic does not get in the way. It comes with three mags It’s an overall great backpack or truck gun

Back
Top Bottom