Has the internet killed the gun shows?

I love gun shows. Lots of stuff under one roof. Deals can be had. I found my carry piece for only $10 more than the lowest place I could find it on the 'net. But you have to be patient and shop every table. Which I usually do, because I had to pay to get in. I usually go with a friend of mine and the last time we went I'm embarrassed to say we spent like 3 hours. It was the Eastman show in Norcross.

I don't go to every one. I usually go once/twice a year. If I'm not mistaken, Cherokee will be at the show this weekend in Marietta. I was up there earlier this week and they had a flyer. I don't usually like the shows at the Cobb Civic Center, though. Just too small of a venue to me. You'll find it easy to spot Cherokee's table. It's the one with people 6 deep waiting to look at stuff.

Go to ONE show and see what you think. Be prepared for large crowds and take your time. Then make up your mind whether you go to another one or not.

I'm going to the show at the Cobb Center today. I don't have great expectations on the pricing, but it's still fun to look at the stuff. And there is usually an offensive t-shirt to buy to annoy my wife.

The Eastman shows used to be good around here but now "gunrunner" shows every three months feature $8.00 to get in and if you aren't looking for fake dog poop or walking stick made from bull d!cks then you are mostly out of luck. I was able to find some ammo that was a decent price but not if you figured in the price of admission. I'm done with "gun runner" shows.

Definately in the minority here but its no hair off my arse so who cares...I love gun shows. The last one I went to..an Eastman I might add...I had meets set up with two ODTers and picked up two good deals. Then I found two other good deals in the hallway from walkins. On the way out the door I picked up a nice Russian SKS coming in the door for 260.00. Eight dollars to enter well spent in my book. All of you stay away...more stuff for me!

the last one I went to (Eastmans Gwinnett) just plain sucked it was way overcrouded couldn't move with running into someone tables filled with mostly dealers selling new guns at retail no discounts to be found though I did find some milsurp 7.62x38R ammo! did it make my 1892 Nagant perform any better?..........Nope:)

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one noticing that all gun shows have become nothing but Flea Markets. Not to point any fingers! Especially the one at the forest park farmers market. Personally, the only one I catch my self at is the National Arms show that comes to Atlanta Twice a year. Even then I end up Haggling with every one to get a good deal anymore. It kills me to know some one has their product way over priced and wont budge at all. To me, that's why you over price something, so the purchaser can haggle the asking price down a little and feel like he is getting a good deal when he buys it at face value.. I am not ranting or complaining I just thought I would share my thoughts with everyone else.

Sure glad we have the ODT. Big thanks to Okuma Steve and others involved in putting this shindig together and keeping it going..

I don't think so... they are busier than ever... you would think the internet would drive down some of the crazy prices at the shows but nope. Thank God that Cherokee guns was at the one I went to last... it took me an hour to get my purchases but it was worth it for the low prices. Oh, and to the dealer that had the "pre-ban" rusty POS AKs he was charging 1000 bucks for.... suck it! :)

I really only use gun shows to fondle gear I haven't yet had a chance to. While the prices may be crap, the selection is outstanding and you might meet a friend or two while there. I've only bought one gun at a show and that was only because it was mis-priced for a lesser equipped model.

Back
Top Bottom