Has the internet killed the gun shows?

cherokee gun and pawn seems to be favorite here, but I tried to buy a .357 s&w mag from them at a rk show. The cylinder was tied shut and I asked them if I could open it up and see the bore and was told no. They lost a sale to a vendor right beside them, who had one just like it. So, everything turned out alll right, I got my 357 and someone else got the cash.

I actually had a conversation about this very topic earlier offline. The conclusion of it was that Gun Shows seem to now just be a place where you can pick up & feel items that you can turn around & go buy online for much cheaper.

When I went to my first gunshow with my dad, back in the early 80's, there was a twin .50 AA mount near the entrance. There were belt feds on a few different tables and a lot of rifles. After years of Matt Eastman, it's 70% handguns (redundant from table to table)10% jerky and crap, 10% overpriced, easily beaten prices on anything else, and the remaining 10% consists of stuff I could get cheaper but want right now. I only go now so that my son can attend because I know his kids won't get to.

Gun Shows are pricing themselves out of business.
I once went to a show paid my money and then walked into the door.
What a shock, nothing but a flea market and not much of that.
They should have been ashamed to charge folks and call it a gun show.
Wasn't but a hand full of guns in the whole place. Should have been called a junk show with free admission.
The promoters are the ones making the money by charging $70.00 plus for a table and the the high admission fees.

Its been said before on here, The gun show killed the gun shows.
ODT is the best Gun show I know of, and it runs all week all month all year and 24/7.
How can you top that?

they're killing themselves, a gun show used to be a place you could find great deals but its becoming harder and harder to find deals at these shows

Diddo!

- - - Updated - - -

they're killing themselves, a gun show used to be a place you could find great deals but its becoming harder and harder to find deals at these shows

Diddo!

Back
Top Bottom