• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Have you ever backed out of a sale after meeting with a buyer?

Few weeks ago. Homie handed me the gun, nothing special 1911, and it looked like it had been dragged down the street. Furthermore, looked at the muzzle and it appeared to have been used as a hammer against concrete block. Homie had his homie with him. Got a bit uncomfortable there for a bit.

Just once.

The rifle I intended to buy was grossly misrepresented and I politely told the seller I would never have wasted either of our time had he described it's condition more accurately. He understood and we parted ways.

It's simply amazing how GREATLY people's opinion varies when describing the condition of a weapon.

Just once.

The rifle I intended to buy was grossly misrepresented and I politely told the seller I would never have wasted either of our time had he described it's condition more accurately. He understood and we parted ways.

It's simply amazing how GREATLY people's opinion varies when describing the condition of a weapon.
I think it has to do with when money is involved.............

Guy on here listed a spread sheet of ammo, guns and etc. It got removed by mods because sooo much stuff. I reached out via text and told him what I would buy. Little Less than $100 worth of ammo. He proceeds to tell me that that won’t pay his gas to meet up close to his location and that I needed to buy at least $ 1000 to make it worth his time. Sooooo I told him to put it back on the shelf. Also told him to be up front and tell people that there is a “minimum “ before both parties time is wasted.

Just once.

That’s why I would rather make it sound a bit worse than it is, then when a potential buyer sees it, they realize it’s better than what they thought it would be.

Why lie?

I’ve never backed out after agreeing to buy, but I’ve had a couple guys try to talk me down at a meet. I don’t have time for that BS. One of them got mad and left, the other one paid the price we agreed on.

The end.

That’s why I would rather make it sound a bit worse than it is, then when a potential buyer sees it, they realize it’s better than what they thought it would be.

Why lie?

I’ve never backed out after agreeing to buy, but I’ve had a couple guys try to talk me down at a meet. I don’t have time for that BS. One of them got mad and left, the other one paid the price we agreed on.

The end.
I've had a couple of old farts try to re-neg at the meet. Not from anything being different than what we had already agreed upon, but simply out of that never ending drive by some to screw other people over. One straight up told me that he figured after I'd spent time driving, that I'd come off another 20%

The end.

oh I forgot, I did have a guy that "was $20 short" on a ~$1200 deal. It was clearly intentional and pissed me off significantly. I'm not going to sit and wait while you run to an ATM for that, but hopefully that situation resolves itself over time.

oh I forgot, I did have a guy that "was $20 short" on a ~$1200 deal. It was clearly intentional and pissed me off significantly. I'm not going to sit and wait while you run to an ATM for that, but hopefully that situation resolves itself over time.
I've had that happen to me as well. Met the guy at Bullseye. Tried to get out of $50. Said that luckily we are right next to a bank and ATM.

I've had a couple of old farts try to re-neg at the meet. Not from anything being different than what we had already agreed upon, but simply out of that never ending drive by some to screw other people over. One straight up told me that he figured after I'd spent time driving, that I'd come off another 20%
Well that happened to me too

Back
Top Bottom