• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Have you ever backed out of a sale after meeting with a buyer?

Have you ever met up with a seller on this website and decided to back out of the sale for one reason or another? If so, what's the story.
He asked for a further discount on an already under market priced .22 pistol so I tossed in the back of the car and said, "Thanks for the offer but no. The price is the price." He immediately changed his mind and offered the cash in the agreed upon amount. Sold the pistol.

oops. You meant me as the buyer backing out of a sale with a seller.

Yes, that's happened before when I've inspected a rifle. It wasn't in the condition that was advertised. At least not in my opinion. Some guys' definition of "good to excellent condition" means the stock isn't cracked and the sights are still on the gun.

Yep… had a Springfield Hellcat up for sale. Had an ODT’r say ” I’ll take it”. No hagling on price, no questions on condition etc…. He had 4 positive and no negative feedback. Met him at a mall close by. When he pulled up and got outta the car, he immediately stuck the dollars out to pay. He hadn’t even seen the weapon yet. I looked at him in total surprise. Then, he said…” glad to see this one for sale…I’ve already bought 2 and I needed 1 more for my other buddy.” I didn’t take his money and told him “sorry dude… just changed my mind. “ got back in my truck and drove away.

Back
Top Bottom