• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HB 394 Add Members and Former Members of the General Assembly to Exempt List

mountainpass

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
15   0
Reaction score
http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en-US/display/20132014/HB/394

(15) Current and former members of the General Assembly who possess a valid weapons
61 carry license issued in this state; provided, however, that no member of the General
62 Assembly shall be authorized to carry a weapon within the chamber of the House of
63 Representatives or the chamber of the Senate;

Cause their lives are worth more than yours.

Eh...I don't know...everyone else on 16-11-130 is exempt from even having a permit at all. This specifically says that they need to have a permit...so it's really just expanding where they're allowed to carry...

Eh...I don't know...everyone else on 16-11-130 is exempt from even having a permit at all. This specifically says that they need to have a permit...so it's really just expanding where they're allowed to carry...

Why not just add license holders to the list? This is just the "For us not you."

Why not just add license holders to the list? This is just the "For us not you."

I agree, that's what they should do. And yes, it creates another group of "only ones" or whatever. But it's also not a full exemption that everyone else in 16-11-130 enjoys. Either way, it's bad legislation.

I agree, that's what they should do. And yes, it creates another group of "only ones" or whatever. But it's also not a full exemption that everyone else in 16-11-130 enjoys. Either way, it's bad legislation.

Well don't forget they could amend it to remove the license requirement.

Back
Top Bottom