• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Heckler and Koch vp9

If that slide wont lock back Id sell it and get a Glock...

You're killing me, smalls! It didn't happen with S&B or speer lawman ammo. Just started yesterday when I switched to Aguila. Then again, it could be operator error. I'm going to keep an eye on it and see what happens when I switch ammo. For now, I've got a few hundred more rounds of Aguila to burn up.

Shoot the gun more. My trigger really smoothed out once it got some rounds down it. Quite tight from the factory

Any idea how approx. many rounds you've ran through it? Any notable, non-shooter induced issues?

I'm still very happy w/ my Glocks but they are not for everyone so I'd like more options to recommend to students.

I had a chance today to compare the VP9 and PPQ doing some simple dry firing. I thought the VP9 felt much smoother on the initial pull until the 'wall'. It actually felt similar to a 2-stage Geissele AR trigger to me. The PPQ pull felt much longer and much 'spongier'. On the initial pull, I give it to the VP9. The trigger reset is not as positive feeling on the VP9 and there was more take-up after the reset. The PPQ has a very short reset with very little take-up. It's also very positive, even more so than a Glock. I give the trigger reset to the PPQ. The ideal trigger to me would be the initial pull of the VP9 with the reset of the PPQ. For my own style of shooting, I prefer the better initial pull of the VP9. Both are excellent pistols as has already been mentioned.

Any idea how approx. many rounds you've ran through it? Any notable, non-shooter induced issues?

I'm still very happy w/ my Glocks but they are not for everyone so I'd like more options to recommend to students.

I've only run across a couple of minor issues. I have smaller hands, which may be a contributing factor. 1) I usually use a thumbs forward grip. This places my weak hand thumb on the takedown lever. During recoil, this is an issue, as my thumb gets whacked by the lever, catching it on the rear angular portion. With gloves on, it's not a big deal. 2) I continue to have an issue with the slide release, accidentally depressing it and causing a failure to lock back. I don't have this issue on any other handgun, including the PPQ which has a much larger lever.

Initially, I thought the trigger was a bit heavy. After about 500 rounds, I've gotten more acclimated to it, it has smoothed out some and a very light polishing of the striker and sear has resulted in a much nicer break.

I had a chance today to compare the VP9 and PPQ doing some simple dry firing. I thought the VP9 felt much smoother on the initial pull until the 'wall'. It actually felt similar to a 2-stage Geissele AR trigger to me. The PPQ pull felt much longer and much 'spongier'. On the initial pull, I give it to the VP9. The trigger reset is not as positive feeling on the VP9 and there was more take-up after the reset. The PPQ has a very short reset with very little take-up. It's also very positive, even more so than a Glock. I give the trigger reset to the PPQ. The ideal trigger to me would be the initial pull of the VP9 with the reset of the PPQ. For my own style of shooting, I prefer the better initial pull of the VP9. Both are excellent pistols as has already been mentioned.

Is the "sponginess" the gritty trigger problem? If so it can be fixed. Once I fixed mine the break is much more crisp; to me anyway.

I've only run across a couple of minor issues. I have smaller hands, which may be a contributing factor. 1) I usually use a thumbs forward grip. This places my weak hand thumb on the takedown lever. During recoil, this is an issue, as my thumb gets whacked by the lever, catching it on the rear angular portion. With gloves on, it's not a big deal. 2) I continue to have an issue with the slide release, accidentally depressing it and causing a failure to lock back. I don't have this issue on any other handgun, including the PPQ which has a much larger lever.

Initially, I thought the trigger was a bit heavy. After about 500 rounds, I've gotten more acclimated to it, it has smoothed out some and a very light polishing of the striker and sear has resulted in a much nicer break.

Which back strap do you run on the ppq?

Medium. I've played with the back straps on the VP9, but can't eliminate the slide lock issue, even when I wrap my strong hand thumb over the weak hand knuckle.

Medium. I've played with the back straps on the VP9, but can't eliminate the slide lock issue, even when I wrap my strong hand thumb over the weak hand knuckle.

That's odd. I have a hard time deciding which one to use. I get more palm of my support hand with the larger strap, but can shoot one handed better with medium or small.

That's odd. I have a hard time deciding which one to use. I get more palm of my support hand with the larger strap, but can shoot one handed better with medium or small.

I tried the small on the PPQ first, but it felt cramped. The large was never really an option for me, as I have smaller hands and the trigger reach was too long. So I eventually settled on the medium.

On the VP9, I'm waffling between the small and medium back strap.

I tried the small on the PPQ first, but it felt cramped. The large was never really an option for me, as I have smaller hands and the trigger reach was too long. So I eventually settled on the medium.

On the VP9, I'm waffling between the small and medium back strap.

I use the medium center inserts with the small backstraps. Fits my hand like a glove

Back
Top Bottom