• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help deciding on a new carry gun

I am looking for a new carry piece, I am not a brand or caliber snob and will be buying it new. My price max is $2000 but I would like to stay in the $1000. I was thinking about a new Kimber as I really like my old one but I am unsure of what route to go, So anyone have any suggestions on a good carry piece.

G19, G30s, XDS would be some of my suggestions. I trust my Glock everyday for proven reliability and function. I think the M&P is a decent pistol also i just don't care for them myself. If you were wanting to go the 1911 route, The ruger sr1911 (commander size for carry) is a good one for the money.. or any S&W or Springer carry size

So I decided on a Kimber ultra carry eclipse, and I went down to the LGS to pick it up. I get there they have one in stock minor issue is it has 4 different gouges in the metal. Now they were small, but the gun has a satin finish and the gouges immediately caught the eye. I asked if they could discount it based on condition or order a new one (I was willing to wait for it, knowing it could take a few months). Those SOB's looked at me like I had two heads and how dare I question the price. When I equated it to buying a new car with finish issues the clerk decided to help another customer put a $250 purple wheel gun on layaway rather than help resolve the issue. That will be the last dime I attempt to spend at either there physical location or there online store.

I might be overacting but I am sure I can find nicer people to take my money.

Thats jacked up, I would like to have a FN 5.7 as my carry gun. Its light and packs a punch plus a factory 20 round mag. Good luck in the gun hunt.

Back
Top Bottom