• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help deciding on a new carry gun

So I decided on a Kimber ultra carry eclipse, and I went down to the LGS to pick it up. I get there they have one in stock minor issue is it has 4 different gouges in the metal. Now they were small, but the gun has a satin finish and the gouges immediately caught the eye. I asked if they could discount it based on condition or order a new one (I was willing to wait for it, knowing it could take a few months). Those SOB's looked at me like I had two heads and how dare I question the price. When I equated it to buying a new car with finish issues the clerk decided to help another customer put a $250 purple wheel gun on layaway rather than help resolve the issue. That will be the last dime I attempt to spend at either there physical location or there online store.

I might be overacting but I am sure I can find nicer people to take my money.

Oh...you want a gun to just show off.
I thought you were lookin for the best self defense pistol ever made...my bad.

Oh...you want a gun to just show off.
I thought you were lookin for the best self defense pistol ever made...my bad.

Well that's an odd statement. Are you in the habit of paying new prices for obviously damaged merchandise? If so, you should consult a doctor as for me if it is damaged I am not paying full price.

I just picked up a cz75 compact today and ran 250rnds through her. To say im very satisfied would be an understatement.

I have zero experience with CZ's and must admit I hadn't even considered them. I will see what I can put my hands on in the AM and try to give one a shot.

ps: I am both frightened and intrigued by your avatar.

I carried a G27 for 3 years (great gun not snappy to me like others complain about) but I messed up and shot a kimber Pro Carry II now that's my carry OC and CC

I almost bought a Kimber cdp2 but as I was comparing it to another 1911 side by side, I accidentally but lightly rubbed the two together (which may explain the gouges you mentioned). The so-called kimpro finish rubbed off onto the other gun. I thought that was bad sign of the things to come so I then considered the stainless compact 2 because its all stainless (no kimpro) and $300 cheaper. I was looking it over and noticed how sloppy the bull barrel was finished. The taper was very rough and looked like they didn't even bother to fully machine it to a clean gradual taper. Didn't even have night sights and they were asking $999. I just don't see the value in the Kimbers.

What's my point? If you can't find an ECO, pick up a CCO from Dan Wesson for $1,500. For just a bit more, you're getting a lot more. As for myself, I'm gonna skip over the Kimbers and go for the DW. Just waiting in an ECO to pop up, but may end up snatching up a CCO. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom