• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help extracting 440 trigger set screw

Use a heat gun or blow dryer to try to loosen the Loctite. If a fresh allen still slips, try a standard or metric next size and see if it will "catch" anything.

Since it is an allen it has a nice centered starter hole, but the metal is hard. I would price a new one. Next I would consider drilling out using a few new bits. You may get lucky and the bit catch and spin it out or through. It looks like you have plenty of material to go up to the next size set screw with a drill and retap.

Use a heat gun or blow dryer to try to loosen the Loctite. If a fresh allen still slips, try a standard or metric next size and see if it will "catch" anything.
Thank you. That has been attempted unfortunately. Once you get into these micro sizes the step up is to significant with what I have to get contact

Since it is an allen it has a nice centered starter hole, but the metal is hard. I would price a new one. Next I would consider drilling out using a few new bits. You may get lucky and the bit catch and spin it out or through. It looks like you have plenty of material to go up to the next size set screw with a drill and retap.
I think I will attempt the screw drill bit today. This has been extremely frustrating and I have been able to work on a number of things in the past with no problem. Once we get down to these little tiny watch size things my feeble fingers, and failing eyes get the best of me!

This is my wife's LC9 so the concern is much greater then it would be for myself. If it were mine I would just JB Weld a screw to the back of it and be done. The issue at this point has become putting $100 trigger on a $200 gun. Yes I ****ed up... she is now carrying my little 9 and I am walking around with a 32 ounce pistol

Back
Top Bottom