• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help I'm in NJ and can't own anything

TacticalTechZone

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
0   0
Reaction score
I live in NJ, where we have some of the strictest laws and it's really frustrating. I don't really know exactly what the laws are specifically, just that they are really really strict. I know that carrying is out of the question. Getting a pistol is also probably out of the question. I am interested in at least getting a shotgun and I know I need a purchasing permit but that is the extent of my knowledge on the subject. I mean slingshots are illegal in Jersey! Come on. What is that about? But a crossbow doesn't even have an age restriction which is absolutely ridiculous. I've thought about just buying a shotgun and keeping it in the house without registering but the last thing I need is to get in trouble over that, my Dad had his guns confiscated from his house because he had a .22 rifle that has the wooden plug which you could remove and load 16 shots semi auto so it's considered an assault rifle here in good ol' Jersey. I really hate the gun control argument because the statistics speak for themselves but somehow people think that criminals will obey laws lol...Whatever let me not start down this road. Just wanted to vent on how frustrating it is trying to own a gun in Jersey...I've gravitated towards tactical crossbows because anyone can own one without a license. So far so good with those, but nothing beats an actual gun.

yea I really want to get out of here but tied down at the moment, the cost of living is high, taxes are ridiculous, and gun laws are way too strict. thinking about virginia possibly or at least up into the mountains of PA where I can horde my stash.

Back
Top Bottom