• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help me choose P229 (used) vs Glock 19

P229 or Glock 19

• Glock

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Sig

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Daughter who is a HS Senior College fund.

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters
I'd go P229. Easy to swap the parts out to get it into a DA/SA configuration. I'd be happy to help you get and install the necessary parts. I may have some of the parts, need to check my parts bin.

The DAO on the Sig would be a deal breaker unless you want to spend the $$$ to change the trigger system. I generally prefer Sig to Glock, (really anything to Glock) but I'm not a fan of DAO Sigs.

DAO means heavy trigger pull. Sig finish seems to be lacking. My wedding ring on my left hand dinged my finish after shooting. If it doesn't have a SRT (Short Reset Trigger), you can buy them anywhere at or near that price. It may seem like it is cheap because it is. Mags are expensive

Glock is in Smyrna. Glock is easily upgraded. Mags are easily replaced and/or updated for free. Mags are $15 used. Night sights are $60 installed. You don't have FDE

I forgot the question...

Ever seen a Sig look like this??:confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:
g-19-b.jpg

Seriously get the P229 in 40, if it's a DAO then change it out...older models allow 9/40/357 out of the same frame,just a different mag for the 9, BTW Gentech has the threaded 9mm barrels on special $150 normally $220

Back
Top Bottom