• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help me pick a new knife

chindog

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
3   0
Reaction score
I'm looking for an assisted opening knife for general use and everyday carry, and would appreciate opinions on what to get. I've been looking at the Smith and Wesson SWMP4LS. It seems to have most the stuff I'm looking for, which is:
3 - 3.75" blade
Flipper
Serration (at least partial)
under about $60 delivered

Other features on a knife that would be nice, but not an absolute must have, are:
lightweight
reversible top to bottom belt clip
safety lock

From what I've seen by googling around, the S&W quality may not be the greatest. I'd like to get a good knife, so would be willing to spend more than $35 that the S&W is going for, but wouldn't want to spend more than about $60.

Would any of you knife knowledgeable people have any suggestions?

I love my Kershaw peel and my sog twitch II. Both great blades, assisted, sleek, and dependable. Twitch is a little smaller so I switch it up.

blackout.jpg

Awesome knife. Been carrying one for years. Picked up a blem from the Kershaw Guy for $29. Don't know why it is a blem, looks perfect.

http://kershawguy.com/products-page/kershaw-blems/491-2/

As mentioned the Kershaw Blur is hard to beat.
I think I got this link from an ODT thread a few weeks ago, http://kershawguy.com/products-page/kershaw-blems/ and it is def worth a look.
I picked up a Kershaw Whirlwind and a Skyline for $56.00 total for the pair last week and I cant find any sign of a blemish.

(I was typing while the post above me was posted - but What he said!)

Kershaw Blur and Leek are good options. All depends on what you need it to do. I just picked up a benchmade mini barage and it is one of the fastest deploying assisted opening knives I've owned and comes with a good steel cm154 but, it's gonna run you up near/above the $100 range...

I traded into a Kershaw Skyline(can find them around $40) the other day and this might be the lightest EDC type blade I own! It's scary light! Under 1. Something oz I believe? It's a super nice blade for the price range! While, it isn't an assisted opening knife, it does have a "flipper" for one handed deploying.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_03_24_ugezuba2.jpg

Top: Mini Barrage
Bottom: Skyline

Last edited:
Love my Leek...Kershaw Ken Onion, that is...the assisted opening is the BEST!

Attachments

• EDCI 001 - Copy.jpg
    EDCI 001 - Copy.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom