• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help me pick a new knife

Kershaw Blur and Leek are good options. All depends on what you need it to do. I just picked up a benchmade mini barage and it is one of the fastest deploying assisted opening knives I've owned and comes with a good steel cm154 but, it's gonna run you up near/above the $100 range...

I traded into a Kershaw Skyline(can find them around $40) the other day and this might be the lightest EDC type blade I own! It's scary light! Under 1. Something oz I believe? It's a super nice blade for the price range! While, it isn't an assisted opening knife, it does have a "flipper" for one handed deploying.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_03_24_ugezuba2.jpg

Top: Mini Barrage
Bottom: Skyline

that skyline is insanely light iv fell in love with the cryo 2

I had a blur for years before I finally lost it. My wife got me this one for Christmas a couple years back and I live it too. I'll never own anything other than kershaw for EDC.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_03_25_ja9arusy.jpg

I've got a lot of the mentioned knives and they are all good stuff. Kershaw is always a great move in your price range. I wouldn't recommend the S&W knives for EDC just because in my experience if you use your knife often even for light work they tend to loosen up pretty quickly.

My current favorite EDC knife though is a Gerber Remix Tactical:

71A9epimDXL._SL1500_.jpg
It's not assisted opening which took some time to get used to but it is a damn fine knife. Ring lock mechanism locks open nice and tight and it feels great in the hand.

Plus it's wicked looking and has Tactical in the name.

SOG Mini Trident, Cold Steel Voyager medium, SOG Zilla small, all quality knives. Make sure it has quality steel and a good pocket clip.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom