• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help me pick a new knife

Kershaw sounds like the way to go, then. The 1550 sounds really sweet. Just wish it have a flipper, rather than just the thumb peg. But I can get over that.

ETA: I just watched a video of the Ken Onion, and see that it DOES have a flipper! Woo Hoo! Ok, I think the Ken Onion is the one to get.

Last edited:
I have a Kershaw Zing that is also a good blade. This one is a sprint run with the tanto blade and black coating. Good G10 scales give it a nice solid grip yet super lightweight for edc. Can you tell I like Kershaw lol!

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_03_24_uja6emu3.jpg

I love my Kershaws as well. My rainbow Leek is my favorite. But, I just got a SOG Slimjim and love it as much if not more. It's about as thick as 3 credit cards, scary sharp, and opens like a snake bite at a touch, and has a lock to prevent "five stitches hand." Don't let the slimness fool you. This thing is good steel and not flimsy at all.
View attachment 273085
View attachment 273082
View attachment 273083

Last edited:
That's pretty close to the look of my ZT0566 and about $100+ cheaper lol!

It is very similar. I just got a Zt560BW on Friday, not really a fan didn't realize how big it was. Probably gonna list it. After this thread I decided to order the Zt566. I like the Thermite but I love my ZT's.

It is very similar. I just got a Zt560BW on Friday, not really a fan didn't realize how big it was. Probably gonna list it. After this thread I decided to order the Zt566. I like the Thermite but I love my ZT's.

That's why the 0566 was made, was for people like me and you! The 0560 is a beast and too big for EDC. When they came out with the 0566, I knew I had to have one! Built like a tank. You won't be sorry!

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_03_24_uby5y3a9.jpg

Comparison with a 0350. 0566 on the bottom...really digging this blade.

True, that knife is huge. I'm just gonna list it. Plus my EDC is a ZT350TS and I have been spoiled by assisted opening. So it was hard to carry that 560.

Back
Top Bottom